July 7, 2015
by Brad Linder, posted Feb 1st 2008 9:01PM
Flash developer Paul Yanez either has way too much time on his hands, or he really doesn't like the way web video is presented. Yanez has already made browser-based versions of online video services like Joost and Babelgum. And he developed an Apple Front Row-like Flash application for watching streaming video from sites including YouTube, MySpace, and Heavy.
Now he's back with Hulu Media Player, a new approach toward watching videos from online video site Hulu. Like OpenHulu and TV Paradise, Hulu Media Player lets users without Hulu beta accounts watch TV shows and Movies hosted by the service. But unlike other sites, Hulu Media Player doesn't require you to use a mouse and keyboard to search for content from NBC and Fox. All you need is a mouse (although we'd really prefer keyboard shortcuts).
The media player looks a lot like Apple's Front Row interface. When you hit the "show guide" button you get a list of available TV shows. Click on one to bring up a list of episodes available for viewing. Right now only a small portion of the Hulu library is available, but there's still probably more worth watching on Hulu Media Player than there is on TV tonight. Hulu Media Player is still a work in progress. Several times when we clicked on an episode, a different episode began playing. But at least it was from the correct TV series.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Is the Twin Twist Exposed?
- 'Teen Wolf' Recap: The Pack Searches for Tracy While The Ladies Get a Chance to Shine
- 'The Whispers' Recap: Drill's Secrets are Revealed
- 'Becoming Us' Recap: Does Carly Steal Sutton's Thunder?
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kaitlyn's Secret and Shawn's Jealous Rage
- More From BuddyTV
- Teen Wolf Recap: Without a Tracy
- UnReal Recap: There's Something Off About Mary
- The Bachelorette Recap: The Truth Won't Let You Pee!
- Chasing Life EP on Natalie's Discovery, April's Setback & More Season 2 Scoop
- More From TVLine