March 4, 2015
by Brad Linder, posted Feb 1st 2008 9:01PM
Flash developer Paul Yanez either has way too much time on his hands, or he really doesn't like the way web video is presented. Yanez has already made browser-based versions of online video services like Joost and Babelgum. And he developed an Apple Front Row-like Flash application for watching streaming video from sites including YouTube, MySpace, and Heavy.
Now he's back with Hulu Media Player, a new approach toward watching videos from online video site Hulu. Like OpenHulu and TV Paradise, Hulu Media Player lets users without Hulu beta accounts watch TV shows and Movies hosted by the service. But unlike other sites, Hulu Media Player doesn't require you to use a mouse and keyboard to search for content from NBC and Fox. All you need is a mouse (although we'd really prefer keyboard shortcuts).
The media player looks a lot like Apple's Front Row interface. When you hit the "show guide" button you get a list of available TV shows. Click on one to bring up a list of episodes available for viewing. Right now only a small portion of the Hulu library is available, but there's still probably more worth watching on Hulu Media Player than there is on TV tonight. Hulu Media Player is still a work in progress. Several times when we clicked on an episode, a different episode began playing. But at least it was from the correct TV series.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' Photos: The Final 3 Episodes
- [Video] 'Criminal Minds' Sneak Peek: The BAU Goes to Prison to Find an UnSub
- 7 Times 'The 100' Destroyed (and Then Restored) My Faith in Humanity
- 'American Idol' Predictions: Which 4 Guys are Going Home?
- 'The Bachelor' Family Blogs: Reactions to the Women Tell All
- More From BuddyTV
- Vikings' Kevin Durand: The 'Enchanting' Wanderer 'Definitely Leaves His Mark'
- Sneak Peek: Ultimate Spider-Man Gets Put in His Place by Spider-Girl
- Pilot News: Tales From the Darkside Reboot at The CW Finds Its Lead
- Ratings: The Voice Rises, Boosts Chicago Fire; S.H.I.E.L.D. Returns Down
- Tom Selleck to Star in New Jesse Stone Movie, on a New Network
- More From TVLine
- Star Sightings
- Taylor Swift Grants Terminally Ill 4-Year-Old's Final Wish
- Adam Levine's Reaction to a 10-Year-Old Fan with Down Syndrome Will Make You Love Him Even More
- Karrueche Tran Responds to Reports That Chris Brown Has a 9-Month-Old Daughter
- A Half-Naked Ethan Hawke Secretly Takes Photos of a Sleeping Dakota Johnson in 'Cymbeline'
- More From ET