Noggin will continue with programming aimed at the preschool set with programs like Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!, Oobi, Jack's Big Music Show, and Nick Jr. properties like Dora the Explorer, Blue's Clues and The Backyardigans.
The N, originally the evening version of Noggin aimed at teens (and "tweens" to use a meaningless marketing term), will expand to 24 hours with TEENick programming during the day (All That, The Amanda Show, etc) and original programming at night: Degrassi: The Next Generation, South of Nowhere, and Beyond the Break. The N also acquired rights to air reruns of That '70s Show starting June 2008.
(S03E20) Wow, what a great episode. So many standout performances, not to mention one of the most brilliant scripts I have seen in a long time.
Let's begin with the guest cast. I loved seeing Christian Clemenson again. Ever since he played Socrates Poole he has struck me as a hard working actor and I am always amazed at his ability to portray characters that are hilarious and pitiful at the same time.
The New York Times has an interesting article about Disney and its television properties quickly narrowing the gap between itself and Nickelodeon, the children's network that has been number one in ratings and revenue for quite some time. While Nickelodeon still has the top ten shows in the coveted "2 to 11" demographic, Disney has been getting more viewers with shows like High School Musical and The Cheetah Girls. The article has plenty of numbers, facts and figures for anyone who wants to check it out, but what I find most fascinating is how difficult it has to be to maintain a young audience. All television viewers tend to be fickle, but that's especially true of children, who are constantly bombarded with new cartoons, products and live-action series and can easily abandon one for another, given the increasing choices offered not only on television, but online as well. Nickelodeon maintains it's more interested in consistency and developing good shows, not series that may draw a large audience and then fade away over time.
[via Toon Zone]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: The Wedding of Tyrion Lannister
- 'True Blood' Beginnings: Everything You Need to Know About Alcide Herveaux
- 'Doctor Who' Season 7 Finale Recap: The Tomb of the Doctor
- Summer Cookout: Recipes from Our Favorite Cooking Shows
- From Kelly to Candice: Ranking the 'American Idol' Winners
- More From BuddyTV
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Taylor Swift wins Artist of the Year
- 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' winner: Trace Adkins or Penn Jillette, who took home the prize?
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Full winners list
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Prince was an Icon before he got the award
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Tracy Morgan is a good but ill-fitting host
- More From Zap2it
- Billboard Music Awards 2013: Recognizing the Good, the Bad and The Biebs
- Game of Thrones Recap: Wedding-Bell Booze
- BBC Renews Doctor Who for Season 8
- Hot for Summer! Your Guide to 125 Upcoming Premiere and Finale Dates
- Ben Affleck Hosts Saturday Night Live: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- More From TVLine