November 24, 2014
by Kona Gallagher, posted Feb 14th 2010 11:05AM
The folks at our sister site, Cinematical, are working hard to give you news and reviews of the best -- and worst -- the silver screen has to offer. Here are some of their musings on the latest blockbusters, indies, and everything in between:
- Even though Sandra Bullock is nominated for an Academy Award for her role in 'The Blind Side,' it certainly doesn't mean that she can't make mistakes. Cinematical discusses Bullock's Oscar nom as well as her simultaneous Razzie nomination for 'All about Steve.'
- I haven't heard good things about the new film 'Valentine's Day,' although as a sucker for star-studded ensemble casts, that certainly isn't going to stop me from seeing it. However, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to make a franchise out of the thing.
- Cinematical reviews 'Twelve' and calls it "a very special episode of 'Gossip Girl,'" which is fitting, as it stars 'Gossip Girl''s Chace Crawford.
- I'm not sure that the fact that Benecio Del Toro reportedly mumbles his way through 'Wolfman' makes me want to see it.
- Look out world, there's a new Coppola in town: Gia Coppola, Francis Ford's granddaughter, is taking a stab at directing.
by Adam Finley, posted May 30th 2006 4:09PM
I've been trying to follow along with TVShowsOnDVD's coverage of the upcoming release of The Tick animated series on DVD. Well, the DVD is coming out on August 29, but with only twelve of the original thirteen episodes from the first season. Why the missing episode? Well, as it turns out a band of leprechauns stole the only copy of that episode and sent it through a wormhole in time and space where it ... okay, I have no idea. Actually, no one really knows at this point, at least no one who's talking, though TVShowsOnDVD mentions "legal issues." Buying the DVD in August may be a bit like getting your sundae without the cherry on top, but heck, I'll take some Tick over no Tick any day. The question, however, is do I buy the set when it comes out, or wait and see if this lost episode eventually makes it into a future release?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- George Eads to Exit CSI
- True Detective: Rachel McAdams and Season 2 Character Details Confirmed
- Pilot Scoop: Michael Stahl-David to Star in TNT's '70s Drug Drama
- Emily Wickersham Talks NCIS Holiday Drama, Gibbs' Big Reveal to Bishop
- Ratings: AMAs Slip, Football Pops, Mulaney Down, Madam Sec'y Eyes Gain
- More From TVLine
- Beyonce Put Her Album on Spotify and You Should Listen to It (No Matter What Taylor Swift Says)
- Did Selena Gomez Whisper Something To Justin Bieber During Her AMA Performance?
- Who Is the Highest Earning Celebrity Under 30?
- 'The Originals' Claire Holt on the Return of Rebekah and Which Brother Haley Should Date!
- The Best Marriage Advice That Jordan Knight Gave Nick Carter
- More From ET