October 31, 2014
by Kona Gallagher, posted Feb 14th 2010 11:05AM
The folks at our sister site, Cinematical, are working hard to give you news and reviews of the best -- and worst -- the silver screen has to offer. Here are some of their musings on the latest blockbusters, indies, and everything in between:
- Even though Sandra Bullock is nominated for an Academy Award for her role in 'The Blind Side,' it certainly doesn't mean that she can't make mistakes. Cinematical discusses Bullock's Oscar nom as well as her simultaneous Razzie nomination for 'All about Steve.'
- I haven't heard good things about the new film 'Valentine's Day,' although as a sucker for star-studded ensemble casts, that certainly isn't going to stop me from seeing it. However, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to make a franchise out of the thing.
- Cinematical reviews 'Twelve' and calls it "a very special episode of 'Gossip Girl,'" which is fitting, as it stars 'Gossip Girl''s Chace Crawford.
- I'm not sure that the fact that Benecio Del Toro reportedly mumbles his way through 'Wolfman' makes me want to see it.
- Look out world, there's a new Coppola in town: Gia Coppola, Francis Ford's granddaughter, is taking a stab at directing.
by Adam Finley, posted May 30th 2006 4:09PM
I've been trying to follow along with TVShowsOnDVD's coverage of the upcoming release of The Tick animated series on DVD. Well, the DVD is coming out on August 29, but with only twelve of the original thirteen episodes from the first season. Why the missing episode? Well, as it turns out a band of leprechauns stole the only copy of that episode and sent it through a wormhole in time and space where it ... okay, I have no idea. Actually, no one really knows at this point, at least no one who's talking, though TVShowsOnDVD mentions "legal issues." Buying the DVD in August may be a bit like getting your sundae without the cherry on top, but heck, I'll take some Tick over no Tick any day. The question, however, is do I buy the set when it comes out, or wait and see if this lost episode eventually makes it into a future release?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4 Premiere: Ranking the Looks of 'Made in Manhattan'
- Halloween Scarefest: Your Guide to Finding the Perfect Spooky TV and Movie Marathon
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'An Innocent Man'
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: No TV Wedding for Chris and Des, Juan Pablo's Odd Message for Nikki and More
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.8 Photos: Olivia in White
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Bones Bopped by Big Bang, Elementary Premiere Down, A to Z falls
- CBS' Supergirl Casting Jimmy Olsen, Cat Grant and Others
- Constantine's Matt Ryan Talks Meeting Zed, Losing His Clothes and Reuniting the Newcastle Crew
- Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Will Belle Betray Rumplestiltskin?
- The Colbert Report's End Date Revealed
- More From TVLine
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About the 'Pitch Perfect 2' Cast
- Kate Hudson Shows Off Her Spectacular Body in Sexy 'Sons of Anarchy' Costume
- North West's Skunk Costume Is Beyond Adorable
- Jake Gyllenhaal's Embarrassing Halloween Costumes Make Him Even Cuter
- Teresa Giudice's Teen Daughter Releases Scandalous Music Video, But Did It Really Cost $10K?
- More From ET