The cast performed a number that featured the Green Goblin, and ultimately had him introducing the myriad other Spider-Man villains that fill out the stage show. In the theatrical production, these villains were created by the Goblin, because that's far simpler than some of their true origins.
'American Idol' Finale: Carrie Underwood and George Strait Picked the Songs, Bono and the Edge to Perform
Plus, veteran Irish rockers Bono and the Edge will take time out of their North American tour to perform on the results show Wednesday night with cast members from the Broadway musical, 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.'
According to 'USA Today,' Lauren and Scotty will each perform one song chosen for them by their personal musical hero. Specific details haven't been released yet, but we do know that Season 4 winner Carrie Underwood chose one for Lauren, and that the legendary George Strait picked out Scotty's.
And, in such a relatively short period of time, the news landscape has changed on both the broadcast and the cable fronts, including the fact that on Monday, when Diane Sawyer takes over ABC's World News, he'll be the only male evening news anchor left.
Williams (or as he's been called lately, BriWi) was nice enough to answer some questions via e-mail about his new competition and how he lets his famous sense of humor come through during a serious newscast. Finally, he gives me some insight into what he's listening to right now (if you've seen previous interviews with him, he leans more towards the college radio side).
Yes, Saturday Night Live new girl Jenny Slate's f-bomb was the most thrilling part of the show's otherwise bland 35th season premiere. It's not like we've never heard that word before, and it's not like accidental verbal naughtiness has never happened on SNL (I still distinctly remember my extra-young self watching Cheri Oteri cringing as she contributed to the swear jar), but the pain still felt fresh with hot embarrassment.
This was partially due to the fact that it's just a generally bad thing to have happen on a player's first show (and in such a mediocre sketch, at that) but mostly because of this face that she made after she caught her boo-boo. Twitter exploded with people's camera phone pics of this one moment.
Jenny Slate, welcome to the big time.
I don't know if U2 has the same kind of pull on the kids today as they have had on my generation through the years, but in my eyes this is a pretty significant "get" for one of NBC's marquee shows.
The video is from last week during the "Hot Tub" show at Comix in NYC. Accompanying him on guitar was Johnny Marr, of The Smiths. Cross has a surprisingly good singing voice!
Video after the jump (there's another angle of it here):
If you're a fan of U2 and are kicking yourself for missing them perform not one but three songs when Late Night with Conan O'Brien dedicated an entire episode to them in October, you can catch a repeat of the episode this evening. This was the first time Conan dedicated an entire show to one musical guest, but others followed, including the White Stripes and Neil Young.
[via Pop Candy]
While some people may consider his playlist shameless self promotion, I think it's a great way to learn about new music. Maybe that's because I happen to like the little snippets that I heard. Plus, he has also included some well-known performers such as Marvin Gaye, U2, and Sarah McLachlan.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: One Team is Accused of Playing Dirty
- More From BuddyTV
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation
- BSG's Tricia Helfer Suits Up as Harvey's Foe (and Lust Interest)
- The Originals Adds Everwood Alumna Debra Mooney as Werewolf Matriarch
- More From TVLine
- Renee Zellweger and 7 Other Stars Who Dramatically Changed Their Look
- One Direction Parties With Danny DeVito in ‘Steal My Girl' Music Video!
- Flashback: Before 'Honey Boo Boo' Got Famous
- Halle Berry vs. Britney Spears: Inside Look at Their Sexy Lingerie Lines
- Happy 30th Birthday Katy Perry! Watch Her Greatest ET Moments
- More From ET