Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow:
- Avatar: The Last Airbender - Book 2, Vol. 2
- The Batman - Season 3
- Murder in Suburbia - Series 2
- Proof - Season 2
- Scooby-Doo All Stars - Season 3
- The Streets of San Francisco - Season 1, Vol. 1
- Teen Titans - Season 3
- The Untouchables - Season 1, Vol. 1
Welcome to TV Squad Lists (formerly 'The Five'), a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
A few days ago I wrote a piece about the 10 worst movies based on TV shows and I got quite a few responses. One reader asked if there were any good movies based on shows, so I decided to come up with another list. Please keep in mind, this is only my opinion, albeit an expert one.
1. The Untouchables: The script by David Mamet deserves much of the credit, but the casting is phenomenal, also. Sean Connery and Kevin Costner make the perfect team and Robert De Niro's plucked hairline makes his Capone a pleasure to watch. Like the show, the film pays close attention to detail and isn't afraid to show the good guys doing whatever it takes.
2. The Fugitive: This is exactly what a big screen version should be...BIG! Terrific action sequences and great locations. Ford's updated Richard Kimble does exactly what he should and Tommy Lee Jones is dead-on as the cop who has to do his job, but knows something is "hinkey." Just like the show, the movie keeps us on the edge of our seat and rooting for the good guy, while we can't wait to see the bad guy.
OK, so you're one of the people who is waiting for the first season sets of The Streets of San Francisco and/or The Untouchables to be released. But now comes word that both Paramount sets have been delayed a week.
But there's one piece of good news, for fans of Twin Peaks: the second season will actually be released a week earlier than previously announced, on April 3. That's a Paramount title too. Maybe they wanted to get this one out a week earlier than the other two releases for some reason.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 10 Worst Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Arrow': 17 Truths, Secrets, Lies and Surprises from 'Corto Maltese'
- 'Bones': 7 Reasons Why Aubrey Kicks Ass and Fits Right In
- 'Project Runway' Finale Prediction: Who Will Win Season 13?
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: Andi and Josh Invite Exes to Wedding, Desiree and Chris Set the Date
- More From BuddyTV
- Fall TV's Best Makeovers: Trim Tony, Edgy Thea, a Modern Hook and Others
- Pilot Scoop: ABC Eyes Marc Cherry's Modern Phantom of the Opera Drama
- TVLine Items: Courtney Love Joins Empire, a Buffy Halloween and More
- Sons of Anarchy: Gemma Teller Is a Mass Murderer — and We Have Proof
- House of Lies Recruits Mary McCormack as Marty's Potential Savior
- More From TVLine
- How Nick Jonas Got His Insane 'Hulk-ish' Body: 4,200 Calories a Day!
- NFL Players Say 'No More' to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault in Powerful PSA
- Paul Reubens: Pee-wee Herman Movie is 'Imminent' – See What He Said in 1987!
- Jennifer Love Hewitt to Sissy Spacek: Hollywood's Top 5 Scream Queens
- Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- More From ET