Well, did you watch it? Last night CBS boldly went where no network has gone before... and it kind of sucked. That's too bad. As someone who counts himself as a fan of MMA, I had high hopes for the big debut. But then, I knew going in that it was an iffy proposition. They try hard, but the Elite XC is still far from the cream of the MMA crop. For the prime time debut, it really would have been nice if this could have been a big UFC event. Heck, even the WEC with that Uriah Faber vs Jens Pulver (VS tonight at 6PM PST) match would have been preferable.
Despite the lack of big name talent, the show still had a shot. Great fights can make up for a lot of shortcomings, and this one had a lot of them to be made up for. To start, the production left a lot to be desired. For example, if you are promising the fans big time fighting, get to it already. It took a full 25 minutes before the first match started. Worse than that, given the way the first two matches played out, fans were left with just over two minutes of actual fighting in the first hour of the show. I was left thinking that the most exciting thing about the first hour was the commercial for Street Fighter IV. Not a good sign.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- J.K. Simmons Hosts SNL: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Report: E! Docuseries Will Capture Bruce Jenner's Transition to Woman
- Performer of the Week: Kerry Washington
- TVLine Mixtape, Parenthood Edition: Your Fave Songs From All 6 Seasons
- Ratings: Shark Tank Slips, Dixie Drops, CBS and NBC Dramas Tick Down
- More From TVLine
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Reportedly Placed on Ventilator, Drug Overdose Suspected (Updated)
- Justin Timberlake Is 'Getting the Greatest Gift Ever': A Baby
- Star Sightings
- Helen Mirren, Jerry Seinfeld & Tom Hanks Ride the Subway -- Just Like You
- These 15 Seconds of Neil Patrick Harris Will Make You Excited for His Variety Show
- More From ET