Our heroine narrowly avoided an assassination attempt, but that didn't stop her from presenting a humanitarian award. Now a world-renowned model and the face of Alliance to Save Exploited Children, Brenda lives in Italy and seems to be doing pretty good for herself.
However, Brenda is set to return to Port Charles with some major drama. For Marcil's take on her return, check out our interview with the star.
Starting on July 17, SoapNet will have a 25-day countdown to Vanessa's return to 'GH' with a daily Brenda happening, including the time she wore a wire to trap Sonny, their kiss on the beach and more memorable moments.
Maurice Benard gets into the act on Friday, Aug. 6 and Monday, Aug. 9, when 'General Hospital's' episodes will be primarily about Sonny and his review of his life -- torn asunder by the estrangement of his children. Naturally, he thinks about the woman with whom he once had a torrid, up-and-down relationship.
On the Friday show, Sonny's awash in nostalgia, but on Monday, he's romancing Claire Walsh (Dahlia Salem) because of her similarities to Brenda.
Regis Philbin, a nominee for hosting 'Live With Regis and Kelly,' is the kudofest's emcee. Producers for the awards gala are hoping to draw big numbers with a host of musical acts and star appeal with appearances by Simon Cowell, Susan Lucci and Cirque du Soleil.
Here are 10 highlights to watch for during the live broadcast ...
For a change of pace, the news is coming directly from the show. GH headwriter Bob Guza has said that talks are underway with Vanessa. He has also always maintained that Brenda's one of his favorite characters and he'd love to have her back on the show.
The other actors who played Lucky -- Jacob Young and Greg Vaughan -- did a fine job, but I so associated the role with Jackson that it was impossible for me to accept anyone else as Lucky.
As luck would have it, I just happened to flip on One Life to Live yesterday and saw a promo for Jonathan Jackson coming back to General Hospital as Lucky. What a stroke of "luck" for me!
1. Spin-Off Opp. A TV movie would be a great opportunity to spin Las Vegas into a new series for Josh Duhamel and James Caan. I've sorely missed watching Caan rough up the bad guys this season, and he and Duhamel would make a great P.I. duo, collaring modern-day Vegas criminals a la Crime Story's Lt. Torello. Are you listening, Michael Mann? Pretty please, with wing-tip shoes on top?
Las Vegas is one of those shows that I've always thought was in the same category as Wings and Just Shoot Me!, one of those nice little shows that never generates any buzz, but does just well enough in its timeslot to keep getting renewed. If you're around on a Friday night and there's nothing to watch, it's always good to stumble across the show; the beautiful triumvirate of Cox, Marcil, and Sims is always nice to look at, and they make good use of celebrity guest shots. Most of all, the show stars James Caan; 35 years after The Godfather, the man is still compelling to watch, even if he only seems half-interested in being on the show most of the time.
Anyway, the crew at the Montecito is going to get another year to distract us from our lonely Fridays, as NBC has decided to pick Las Vegas up for a fifth season, according to TV Week. "The cast and producers have consistently given us what we want from Las Vegas - pure entertainment," said NBC Entertainment president Kevin Reillym "and we're looking forward to another fun ride next season with the show." Ah the beauty of low expectations: the show is averaging a 2.8 rating for the season.
Maybe no one realized this yet. Or, maybe no one really cared. During the 2005-06 television season, seven alumni of FOX's Beverly Hills, 90210 have appeared or will appear in a regular series.
Do you doubt me? Do you think it isn't true? Do you think I have way too much time on my hands? Well, the last may be true, but that's not the point.
Click on, dear reader, for the proof that you seek.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 5
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Week 6 Nominees?
- 'The Originals' Interview: Danielle Campbell Teases Davina in Her Role as Regent
- Why 'BoJack Horseman' Is the Best Netflix Original You're Not Watching
- More From BuddyTV
- Degrassi Series Finale Recap: Indecent Promposals
- American Crime Adds André Benjamin in 'Fierce' Season 2 Role
- Descendants Stars on Twist Ending, Sequel Ideas: 'Mal's Story Isn't Over'
- Fear The Walking Dead: Full-On Zombie Outbreak 'Delayed' Until Season 2
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dead at 61
- More From TVLine
- Kevin Bacon and Jimmy Fallon Perfectly Channel The Beach Boys in Spot-On Parody
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Family Gathers for Wake, Prepares for Memorial Service
- Lena Dunham Poses Topless With Her Dog for National Mutt Day
- Demi Lovato's Moving Tribute to Dog: 'This Has Been the Most Painful Week of My Life'
- Chris Pratt Offers Fans a Potential Dinner at Applebee's in New Facebook Contest
- More From ET