Yep, Discovery has teamed with the Catholic Church for a new series based on their investigations of hauntings and demonic possessions. According to Entertainment Weekly, the series will also feature interviews with religious experts and top Vatican officials, people who are rarely seen on TV.
"The Vatican is an extraordinarily hard place to get access to, but we explained we're not going to try to tell people what to think," Clark Bunting, president and general manager of Discovery, told EW. "The work these folks do, and their conviction in their beliefs, make for fascinating stories."
A few weeks ago Pope Benedict XVI had some good and bad things to say about today's mass media. On the one hand, he mentioned that media such as television have provided a great benefit to civilization with quality news services and wholesome entertainment. On the other, the Pope criticized much of the world's media as a destructive influence.
So, what better for the Vatican to counteract the pox that has fallen upon the media than to launch a television network of its own by the end of the year. Very few details have been released but, according to an article from the CBC, the proposed network will feature news and entertainment programming in seven languages. This new venture would be an addition to the existing satellite TV channels it operates which broadcast papal ceremonies and other events from the city state.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 7 Thanksgiving Episodes To Escape Your Family Drama -- Available to Stream Now
- The 25 Best Dances from 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19
- 'Hart of Dixie' Season 4 Premiere Photos: All About Zoe and Wade
- 'The Voice' Live Blog: The Live Top 10 Eliminations
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.8 Photos: A Sheriff's Retreat
- More From BuddyTV
- Once Upon a Time Photos: Kissing, Canoodling and Blackbeard Vs.... Anna?
- Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman to Star in Big Little Lies Limited Series; David E. Kelley to Serve as Writer/Showrunner
- Supernatural Sneak Peek: Meet the Winchesters' Witchy New Big Bad
- TVLine Items: POI Spies Fringe Alum, Once Princess to Badlands and More
- Hart of Dixie Season 4 Bumped Up to December; See 9 New Premiere Photos
- More From TVLine
- Why Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling Named Their Daughter Esmeralda Amada
- The Potty Mouth Princess Are Back With More F-Bombs and an Even More Shocking Video
- Pamper Your Pet with a Doggie Bag Worth Over $500
- Hugh Jackman Plays a Terrifying Blackbeard in New 'Pan' Trailer
- Johnny Depp on His Recent Critical Flops: I Just Don't Give a F*ck
- More From ET