Yep, Discovery has teamed with the Catholic Church for a new series based on their investigations of hauntings and demonic possessions. According to Entertainment Weekly, the series will also feature interviews with religious experts and top Vatican officials, people who are rarely seen on TV.
"The Vatican is an extraordinarily hard place to get access to, but we explained we're not going to try to tell people what to think," Clark Bunting, president and general manager of Discovery, told EW. "The work these folks do, and their conviction in their beliefs, make for fascinating stories."
A few weeks ago Pope Benedict XVI had some good and bad things to say about today's mass media. On the one hand, he mentioned that media such as television have provided a great benefit to civilization with quality news services and wholesome entertainment. On the other, the Pope criticized much of the world's media as a destructive influence.
So, what better for the Vatican to counteract the pox that has fallen upon the media than to launch a television network of its own by the end of the year. Very few details have been released but, according to an article from the CBC, the proposed network will feature news and entertainment programming in seven languages. This new venture would be an addition to the existing satellite TV channels it operates which broadcast papal ceremonies and other events from the city state.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Does Phaedra Fall for Apollo's Stunt?
- 'Glee' Episodes 6.3 and 6.4 Photos: A Love Triangle for Kurt
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- More From BuddyTV
- 8 Christmas Cocktails That Are the Reason for the Season
- Khloe Kardashian Bashes Rumor She Booted Brother Rob Kardashian Out Of Her Home
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's Estate Is on Sale for $18.5 Million
- Kourtney Kardashian Reveals Her Baby's Name
- Harry Styles and Kristen Wiig Dance Party After 'SNL' Performances
- More From ET