Yep, Discovery has teamed with the Catholic Church for a new series based on their investigations of hauntings and demonic possessions. According to Entertainment Weekly, the series will also feature interviews with religious experts and top Vatican officials, people who are rarely seen on TV.
"The Vatican is an extraordinarily hard place to get access to, but we explained we're not going to try to tell people what to think," Clark Bunting, president and general manager of Discovery, told EW. "The work these folks do, and their conviction in their beliefs, make for fascinating stories."
A few weeks ago Pope Benedict XVI had some good and bad things to say about today's mass media. On the one hand, he mentioned that media such as television have provided a great benefit to civilization with quality news services and wholesome entertainment. On the other, the Pope criticized much of the world's media as a destructive influence.
So, what better for the Vatican to counteract the pox that has fallen upon the media than to launch a television network of its own by the end of the year. Very few details have been released but, according to an article from the CBC, the proposed network will feature news and entertainment programming in seven languages. This new venture would be an addition to the existing satellite TV channels it operates which broadcast papal ceremonies and other events from the city state.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 11 Best Moments from 'Comedy Central's Roast of Justin Bieber'
- 'The Following': 15 Creepy Moments from 'Reunion'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20: Latin Night Performance Rankings
- Best 'Castle' Quotes from 'Habeas Corpse'
- 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills': Kim Richards Lashes Out During Reunion Show
- More From BuddyTV
- Comedy Central Backs Daily Show Successor Trevor Noah in Twitter Flap
- TVLine Items: Marvel's Luke Cage Gets Boss, Devious New Night and More
- CBS, General Hospital Lead Daytime Emmy Nominations
- The Americans Renewed for Season 4
- New Girl Renewed for Season 5 at Fox as John Cho Joins Guest Cast
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber: ‘I Lost Hope For A While, I Was In A Dark Place'
- Star Sightings March 2015
- This Mom Apologized on Facebook for Her Kid's Behavior at the Movies and 'Broke the Internet'
- Olivia Wilde on Her Perfect Post-Baby Body: 'I'm Softer Than I've Ever Been'
- Jill Duggar Is 6 Days Overdue, Celebrates Her One-Year Engagement Anniversary
- More From ET