Yep, Discovery has teamed with the Catholic Church for a new series based on their investigations of hauntings and demonic possessions. According to Entertainment Weekly, the series will also feature interviews with religious experts and top Vatican officials, people who are rarely seen on TV.
"The Vatican is an extraordinarily hard place to get access to, but we explained we're not going to try to tell people what to think," Clark Bunting, president and general manager of Discovery, told EW. "The work these folks do, and their conviction in their beliefs, make for fascinating stories."
A few weeks ago Pope Benedict XVI had some good and bad things to say about today's mass media. On the one hand, he mentioned that media such as television have provided a great benefit to civilization with quality news services and wholesome entertainment. On the other, the Pope criticized much of the world's media as a destructive influence.
So, what better for the Vatican to counteract the pox that has fallen upon the media than to launch a television network of its own by the end of the year. Very few details have been released but, according to an article from the CBC, the proposed network will feature news and entertainment programming in seven languages. This new venture would be an addition to the existing satellite TV channels it operates which broadcast papal ceremonies and other events from the city state.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Best Funeral Ever': Funeral planners or celebrity impersonators?
- 'Arrow' midseason finale video: Oliver faces 'Three Ghosts'
- NBC planning another live musical after 'Sound of Music' success
- 'The Voice' live blog: The Top 5 take the stage for the semi-finals
- 'The Sing-Off' Season 4: Meet Element, the girl-powered all-female group
- More From Zap2it
- The Voice Season 5 Semifinal Performance Recap: Keep Calm and 'Carry On'
- Sleepy Hollow: More Corbin? Suspect Sin Eater? An Ichabbie Weekend? And More Burning Qs
- TVLine Items: Murphy Brown Reunion, Bonnie & Clyde Ratings, Sarah Palin's New Gig and More!
- Community Sneak Peek: Jeff Unexpectedly Finds Himself Back at Greendale as [Spoiler]
- 'Ship Shape: How Your Fave Pairs From Reign, Once, Mindy and Other Shows Are Faring
- More From TVLine