Some of the most memorable characters in television were never actually seen. They were talked about, and their presence, even if it was always offscreen, was often crucial to the plot. I've come up with five awesome (but unseen) TV characters. Here they are:
Vera: From what I recall, Vera, the wife of beer-lover Norm Peterson on Cheers, made only one appearance on the show, and that was just her legs. According to both Wikipedia and IMDb, she was played by George Wendt's real-life wife, Bernadette Birkette.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Once Upon a Time's Lana Parrilla Talks Regina's Clash With Team Evil, a 'Cool' Resurrection, Losing Robin and More
- Killing Jesus First Look: Jesus' Crucifixion Recreated for NatGeo
- Supergirl Casts the Heroic Helen Slater and Dean Cain in Top-Secret Roles
- TVLine Items: Enlisted Star Visits Zoo, Covert Alum Joins Dominion and More
- Who Was Missed During Parks Finale? Can Douche Face Dial It Down? Did Bachelor Desecrate? And More TV Qs
- More From TVLine
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock of 'Star Trek,' Dead at 83
- The White & Gold or Blue & Black Dress: The 5 Stages of Dealing With the Debate
- Watch the Exclusive Trailer for Lena Dunham's New Doc About Artist Hilary Knight
- EXCLUSIVE 'Broadchurch' Sneak Peek: 'Nothing Will Stay Hidden' in Season 2!
- Zachary Quinto & Other 'Star Trek' Alums Mourn Loss of Leonard Nimoy: 'My Heart Is Broken'
- More From ET