Powered by i.TV
October 21, 2014

victoria tennant

Katey Sagal Says 'Futurama' Season 8 On the Way, Ed Westwick Wants Off 'Gossip Girl' and More

by Chris Harnick, posted Feb 3rd 2011 11:15AM
Katey SagalReady for more 'Futurama'? You should be, because Katey Sagal -- Leela herself -- is saying season 8 is a go.

According to Vulture, the recent Golden Globe winner spilled the beans at the Directors Guild of America Awards.

"'Futurama' just got ordered again for another season," Sagal said. "I don't know if I'm supposed to say that yet. But it just did."

While Comedy Central has not made an official statement, Vulture reports the show's studio, 20th Century Fox TV, has been talking to voice actors to make sure they'd be on board. However, no official negotiations have taken place.

In other TV news ...

'Grizzly Adams' creator, Charles E. Sellier Jr., has died. He was 67. A cause of death was not specified. [BBC]

Amber Heard is in talks to join NBC's 'Playboy.' The 'Zombieland' actress would play a new hire at the Chicago Playboy club. [Deadline Hollywood]

James Burrows has signed on to direct the 'Two Broke Girls' pilot. Burrows, the co-creator of 'Cheers,' helmed the pilots of 'Mike & Molly,' 'Better With You' and '$#*! My Dad Says.' [TV Guide]

Read More

I'm getting bored with The Beast

by Jason Hughes, posted Feb 6th 2009 5:02PM
The Beast - I love Patrick Swayze as much as the next guy... assuming that the next guy is generally aware of Patrick Swayze, has seen him in a few movies and usually enjoyed his performances and finds his battle with cancer as inspirational as anyone else's battle with cancer. I'll even go so far as to say I'm really enjoying Patrick Swayze's performance in A&E's new series The Beast. But ... man, aside from that this show is getting all kinds of dull! In the beginning we got this promise of Swayze's character getting this new partner, but what he didn't know was this his new partner was recruited to be a double agent put in to spy on him.

We're four episodes into a thirteen episode run and that hasn't happened yet. Instead, we get these tag scenes at the end of each episode that cra-a-a-awls that storyline along. Other than that it's another generic FBI procedural. Only one that's terribly acted, and almost as badly written. Except for Swayze. 99% of the time he's on the screen he's rocking it and owning it. The other 1% ... well he's giving an odd smile that makes it look like his face is breaking.

Read More

    Follow Us

    From Our Partners