"I want to rename this movie 'The Pressure Cooker,'" she said, "because so many people have read it, so many people have grown up with these surrogate mothers. And then there was a huge pressure with the African American community because I was playing a maid in 2011 and there's so much kind of stigma attached to playing a maid in movies."
Regardless, Davis said she was thrilled to be able to play the role. "It was such a joy to go on the journey," she said, "to just pay homage to these women who contributed so much to our culture." She was also happy it made anchor Chris Wragge cry. "I don't know if you want to say that on national television," she teased. Wragge didn't seem to mind.
Viola Davis, his co-star in the play 'Fences,' visited 'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno' (weeknights, 11:35PM ET on NBC) and just couldn't resist discussing the experience of working with Denzel every night.
(S02E04) Wow, just when you think you've seen it all from Tara, something happens and you're left with your jaw dropping to the floor. Creator Diablo Cody has clearly decided that Tara's psyche is not just split, it's a frigging kaleidoscope.
Last season, there was the animal creation that came out of nowhere, and in this episode, yet another variation on the theme. However, if you saw this one coming, you're better than me, 'cause I was stunned. And surprisingly excited, too. For more on Tara, Max, Marshall and Princess Valhalla, keep reading after the jump.
Instead, we are left with what was a pretty entertaining hour of television, but one that suffered greatly from ten pounds of plot stuffed in a five pound bag, and the fact that so many of the questions that were brought up will never have an answer. Really, short of confirmation that the TV Squad readers correctly fingered Agent Chambers as Freed's man inside the FBI, they didn't really give us much at all in the way of answers.
(S01E07) I guess George Costanza was right about fugitive sex. This week, both Jay and Tyler took advantage of their fugitive status to get some action. I would have thought that the guys had better things to do in New York--clearing their names, finding the terrorists, etc. Then again, who am I to complain about scenes that feature a shirtless Matthew Bomer?
(S01E06) This week finds Jay and Tyler back in New York, Will trying to track down Maya's killer, and the FBI still a step behind as Marlow heads to Boston. It was a crazy, fast paced episode that gave a lot of answers, but there was also that nagging little question in the back of my head. Holy smokes, only two episodes left? Are they going to be able to wrap all of this up? We'll see, but for now, let's talk about "The Trader."
(S01E05) This week's episode shifted the focus away from Jay and Tyler's perspective to that of Will Traveler. After several weeks of watching the guys figure out how they were framed, it was time to learn more about the people behind the set-up. Neal McDonough still doesn't have a name, but we did get the name of someone who could be a bigger threat to Jay, Tyler, and even Will.
(S01E04) This week, Jay and Tyler made another stop on their Tour of Innocence: Deer Harbor, Maine. I like the pattern of having each episode feature a different location with a new set of clues. There really haven't been any weak episodes yet, which may be a good sign for the show's future.
(S01E01 & S01E02) Ask and you shall receive, folks! TV Squad is officially covering ABC's Traveler. The show's third episode, "New Haven," airs this Wednesday, so it's time to play catch-up.The pilot episode and "The Retreat" provided a thorough look at all the key players and mysteries.
Filming begins later this month in New Orleans.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 8: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'Castle' Recap: Castle and Beckett Solve Crime on Live TV
- 'Orphan Black' Episode 3.4 Photos: Sarah, Alison and Helena Run Into Trouble
- 'Backstrom': Ranking All the Episodes of Season 1
- 'The Following' Recap: How Does Joe's Death Affect Ryan?
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Recap: Not Ready for Crimetime — Plus, Did Martha Move You?
- The Voice Recap: Pumped-Up Six
- Vera Farmiga and Nestor Carbonell Bicker About the Bates Motel Brawl That Left One of Them Hurting
- Gotham Finale Post Mortem: Scoop on Bruce's Discovery, Fish's Fate, The Riddler's Mania, Mr. Freeze and More
- Nashville Finale Photos: Juliette's Last Straw, Deacon's Last Chance?
- More From TVLine
- Amy Adams Marries Darren Le Gallo After Being Engaged for 7 Years
- Robert Pattinson and FKA Twigs (in a Penis Dress) Make Their Red Carpet Debut as a Couple
- Was Justin Bieber the First Star to Break 'No Selfie' Rule at 2015 Met Gala?
- 2015 Met Gala Party Pics
- Britney Spears Ditches Ankle Cast Just Days After Stage Fall
- More From ET