For those of you who can't wait for the two-hour season premiere of House on Monday, September 21st, FOX is making it easy for you - especially if you can't count. SnakesOnACane.com provides a handy little countdown clock and also features a nifty little picture of our favorite curmudgeon doing his best Superman impression. Plus, you gotta love the play on words and the twist (no pun intended) on the Rod of Asclepius.
However, what's most intriguing about the whole thing is the little blue Post-It note.
Was she in trouble? Was someone waging a campaign to trash this poor young woman? All those questions filled my head until I saw the phone number below, typed repeatedly in those all-to-convenient tear-away strips: 1-877-7-BELLA1.
Bella. That name sounded familiar. That's when it hit me: It was Elizabeth Reaser's character from CBS' new sitcom The Ex List.
The accounts affected include Don Draper, Peggy Olson, and Joan Holloway, though several other Twitters from other characters on the show seem to be safe (for now). The official word on it is that it was a copyright infringement problem.
This is really too bad. Some of the most creative, fun posts on Twitter are being done by fictional people (not just Mad Men but others as well). I would hope that AMC would hire some people to take over the accounts for each character, to be the official Twitter bloggers for the show. It's a great way to market it.
Update: AMC and Twitter have restored the accounts!
The Icetruck site is actually a webvertisment for Showtime's Dexter, about a serial killer who works as a forensic analyst to help catch murderers. If that doesn't sound cool enough, it stars Michael C. Hall from Six Feet Under. What more do you need?
The brainchild behind the promo is Lime Public Relations & Promotions who feel that the campaign is "innovative but tasteful." Lime president Claudia Strauss reported to AdAge that, "The show is all about indulgence, and we just felt this was a great way to bring to life one of the key aspects of the story line." In keeping with the show's over-the-top sex and gore, participating restaurants will also allow diners to drink the blood of Christian martyrs, sodomize select servers and retire to a vomitorium following their meal.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: Andi and Josh Invite Exes to Wedding, Desiree and Chris Set the Date
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Bruce's Rumored Girlfriend, Kris' Thoughts on Bruce and More
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap: The Two-Faced Prince is Summoned
- 'Nashville' Recap: How Much Longer Can Will Keep His Secret?
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 21 Touching and Frightening Moments from 'Greensleeves'
- More From BuddyTV
- Here's What Renee Zellweger Told ET About Plastic Surgery -- Back in 2002
- S Club 7 Makes Our Dreams Come True With Reunion News
- Oscar De La Renta: Inside His World
- Taylor Swift Reveals '1989' Tracklist (and We Guess Who Each Song Is About)
- Former Crisis Manager: Teresa Giudice a 'Mess,' Worse Than Chris Brown
- More From ET