October 22, 2014
by Adam Finley, posted Jul 21st 2006 4:15PM
The other day Joel mentioned a recent outburst from movie critic Joel Siegel. The fuzzy-lipped critic stood up to denounce the movie Clerks II before storming out of a screening. Kevin Smith went on the defensive, arguing that it was unprofessional for Siegel to make such a scene, and that he should have saved his vitriol for his actual review. But here's the thing: this isn't the first time the Good Morning America film critic has announced his disdain for a movie for everyone to hear. According to Scott Brown on EW's Popwatch blog, Siegel stood up at the end of a screening of the film adaptation of Starsky and Hutch, calling it "the most anti-Semitic movie I've ever seen." Brown writes that Siegel gave no explanation for his outburst, and since I didn't see the movie I can't prove nor disprove his claim. Was the whole movie just two cops sucker punching rabbis for two hours? I suppose that could be construed as somewhat anti-Semitic.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 21 Touching and Frightening Moments from 'Greensleeves'
- 'The Voice' Interviews: Toia Jones on What Led to Her Emotional Battle Round Rehearsal
- 'The Flash': 15 Secrets Kept or Revealed During 'Things You Can't Outrun'
- 'Supernatural' Mystery: Who Is the Red-Headed Woman?
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Soul Survivor'
- More From BuddyTV
- Bewitched Update: NBC Pilot Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter
- Damages Alum Joins WE tv Thriller South of Hell Opposite Mena Suvari
- MasterChef Junior Preview Video: 'No Wonder These Kids Curse Brilliantly'
- Mentalist Alum Amanda Righetti Joins Carlton Cuse Drama Pilot Colony
- Bates Motel Casts a Mad Man as Romero's [Spoiler]
- More From TVLine
- Kanye West Sends 'Dope' Kim Kardashian a Sweet Birthday Message
- Lady Gaga Copies Beyonce's Banging Style!
- Florida Georgia Line Scores First No. 1 Album Amid Major Country Music Moment
- Jennifer Hudson Shows Off Bra in Half-Dress, Half-Robe
- Billy Bob Thornton on 'Crazy Time' With Angelina Jolie: I'm Not 'Fond of It'
- More From ET