April 19, 2015
by Adam Finley, posted Jul 21st 2006 4:15PM
The other day Joel mentioned a recent outburst from movie critic Joel Siegel. The fuzzy-lipped critic stood up to denounce the movie Clerks II before storming out of a screening. Kevin Smith went on the defensive, arguing that it was unprofessional for Siegel to make such a scene, and that he should have saved his vitriol for his actual review. But here's the thing: this isn't the first time the Good Morning America film critic has announced his disdain for a movie for everyone to hear. According to Scott Brown on EW's Popwatch blog, Siegel stood up at the end of a screening of the film adaptation of Starsky and Hutch, calling it "the most anti-Semitic movie I've ever seen." Brown writes that Siegel gave no explanation for his outburst, and since I didn't see the movie I can't prove nor disprove his claim. Was the whole movie just two cops sucker punching rabbis for two hours? I suppose that could be construed as somewhat anti-Semitic.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Interview: Co-creators Discuss Delphine's 'Conundrum' and the Threat Rachel Still Poses
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3 Premiere Recap: Where is Helena?
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- More From BuddyTV
- Quotes of the Week From Gotham, Game of Thrones, iZombie and More
- The Voice Outtakes: Reba Coaches 'the Poot' Out of the Top 12
- Jonathan Crombie, Gilbert Blythe in Anne of Green Gables, Dead at 48
- Eye Candy Cancelled at MTV
- Post Mortem: Orphan Black Boss on Helena's Pal, Mean Delphine & More
- More From TVLine
- 'Orphan Black' Postmortem: Scorpion Psychosis, Mystery Elevator Clone & More Answers Revealed!
- 'Outlander' Postmortem: Caitriona Balfe & Sam Heughan Dish on Big Secrets Revealed!
- Doctors Call for Columbia University to Can Dr. Oz
- 'Anne of Green Gables' Actor Jonathan Crombie Dies at 48
- Ryan Reynolds Posts Adorable Throwback Pic
- More From ET