October 23, 2014
by Adam Finley, posted Jul 21st 2006 4:15PM
The other day Joel mentioned a recent outburst from movie critic Joel Siegel. The fuzzy-lipped critic stood up to denounce the movie Clerks II before storming out of a screening. Kevin Smith went on the defensive, arguing that it was unprofessional for Siegel to make such a scene, and that he should have saved his vitriol for his actual review. But here's the thing: this isn't the first time the Good Morning America film critic has announced his disdain for a movie for everyone to hear. According to Scott Brown on EW's Popwatch blog, Siegel stood up at the end of a screening of the film adaptation of Starsky and Hutch, calling it "the most anti-Semitic movie I've ever seen." Brown writes that Siegel gave no explanation for his outburst, and since I didn't see the movie I can't prove nor disprove his claim. Was the whole movie just two cops sucker punching rabbis for two hours? I suppose that could be construed as somewhat anti-Semitic.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow': 17 Truths, Secrets, Lies and Surprises from 'Corto Maltese'
- 'Bones': 7 Reasons Why Aubrey Kicks Ass and Fits Right In
- 'Project Runway' Finale Prediction: Who Will Win Season 13?
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: Andi and Josh Invite Exes to Wedding, Desiree and Chris Set the Date
- 'Kardashians' Roundup: Bruce's Rumored Girlfriend, Kris' Thoughts on Bruce and More
- More From BuddyTV
- Fall TV's Best Makeovers: Trim Tony, Edgy Thea, a Modern Hook and Others
- Pilot Scoop: ABC Eyes Marc Cherry's Modern Phantom of the Opera Drama
- TVLine Items: Courtney Love Joins Empire, a Buffy Halloween and More
- Sons of Anarchy: Gemma Teller Is a Mass Murderer — and We Have Proof
- House of Lies Recruits Mary McCormack as Marty's Potential Savior
- More From TVLine
- How Nick Jonas Got His Insane 'Hulk-ish' Body: 4,200 Calories a Day!
- NFL Players Say 'No More' to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault in Powerful PSA
- Paul Reubens: Pee-wee Herman Movie is 'Imminent' – See What He Said in 1987!
- Jennifer Love Hewitt to Sissy Spacek: Hollywood's Top 5 Scream Queens
- Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- More From ET