Here's an interesting tactic: releasing a DVD set for a show smack dab* in the middle of the first season.
Disney/ABC has announced that they will release FlashForward: Volume 1 on February 26. That's "Volume 1" and not "Season 1," because the season isn't over yet. This release will come a week before the show returns to the network on March 4 to finish out the first season (with the big event that affects the entire world happening on April 10).
In the beginning, Dino Stamatopoulos created Moral Orel, and it was good.
Anyway, if you read my interview with Dino, you know that at some point Moral Orel would be getting the versatile digital treatment, and Warner Bros. has just announced that Volume 1 will be in stores March 20, 2007. The set will include fifteen episodes, and I'm going to assume that means the ten episodes that comprised season one plus the first five episodes from season two (Dino also told me in an e-mail that'll most likely be the case). I tend to like my DVD sets in seasons rather than volumes, but when the episodes are only about 11 minutes long sans commercials, this approach does make more sense. No official word yet on extras, though Dino tells me they have recorded commentaries for the episodes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Game of Thrones Adds Freddie Stroma to Season 6 as [Spoiler]'s Sibling
- Scott Porter Joins Robert Kirkman's Exorcism Drama Outcast
- Hand of God: Is Amazon's Newest Drama Heaven or Hell?
- Gotham Deleted Scene: Gordon Gets a Peek at His and Harvey Dent's Future
- You're the Worst Boss on Jimmy and Gretchen's 'Dark' Turn, a 'Gross' Coupling & Sunday Funday Part Two
- More From TVLine
- Blake Lively Reveals the Trainer That Helped Her With Her Cellulite
- Janet Jackson Unveils 'Unbreakable' Title Track: Listen
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Seen Smiling After Family Counseling
- Tom Brady's Ex Bridget Moynahan Congratulates Him on Deflategate Win
- Hollywood's Hottest Bikini Bods
- More From ET