Here's an interesting tactic: releasing a DVD set for a show smack dab* in the middle of the first season.
Disney/ABC has announced that they will release FlashForward: Volume 1 on February 26. That's "Volume 1" and not "Season 1," because the season isn't over yet. This release will come a week before the show returns to the network on March 4 to finish out the first season (with the big event that affects the entire world happening on April 10).
In the beginning, Dino Stamatopoulos created Moral Orel, and it was good.
Anyway, if you read my interview with Dino, you know that at some point Moral Orel would be getting the versatile digital treatment, and Warner Bros. has just announced that Volume 1 will be in stores March 20, 2007. The set will include fifteen episodes, and I'm going to assume that means the ten episodes that comprised season one plus the first five episodes from season two (Dino also told me in an e-mail that'll most likely be the case). I tend to like my DVD sets in seasons rather than volumes, but when the episodes are only about 11 minutes long sans commercials, this approach does make more sense. No official word yet on extras, though Dino tells me they have recorded commentaries for the episodes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 6 Power of Veto?
- The Funniest Quotes from 'Big Brother 17' Week 5
- 'The Bachelorette' Where Are They Now?: A Relationship Status Update
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Are the Week 6 Nominees?
- 'The Originals' Interview: Danielle Campbell Teases Davina in Her Role as Regent
- More From BuddyTV
- Hannibal Recap: Stop Dragon Her Heart Around
- Downton Abbey Boss, Cast on Movie Hopes, Unexpected Season 6 Renewal
- Ratings: Descendants Makes a Bigger Splash Than Teen Beach 2
- Game of Thrones Casts Ian McShane in Season 6 Mystery Role
- PBS Announces Premiere Date for Downton Abbey's Final Season
- More From TVLine
- Prince William & Queen Elizabeth Look Regal in Newly Released Portraits
- 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation' Scores Highest Opening Numbers in Franchise History
- Dave Grohl Responds After 1,000 Musicians Play Foo Fighters Song in Unison, Plus 5 More Reasons Why He's Awesome
- Valerie Harper Replaced in 'Nice Work If You Can Get It' Following Hospital Stay
- Channing Tatum Closes Deal to Star in 'Gambit' Despite Rumors
- More From ET