Here's an interesting tactic: releasing a DVD set for a show smack dab* in the middle of the first season.
Disney/ABC has announced that they will release FlashForward: Volume 1 on February 26. That's "Volume 1" and not "Season 1," because the season isn't over yet. This release will come a week before the show returns to the network on March 4 to finish out the first season (with the big event that affects the entire world happening on April 10).
In the beginning, Dino Stamatopoulos created Moral Orel, and it was good.
Anyway, if you read my interview with Dino, you know that at some point Moral Orel would be getting the versatile digital treatment, and Warner Bros. has just announced that Volume 1 will be in stores March 20, 2007. The set will include fifteen episodes, and I'm going to assume that means the ten episodes that comprised season one plus the first five episodes from season two (Dino also told me in an e-mail that'll most likely be the case). I tend to like my DVD sets in seasons rather than volumes, but when the episodes are only about 11 minutes long sans commercials, this approach does make more sense. No official word yet on extras, though Dino tells me they have recorded commentaries for the episodes.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'There's No Place Like Home'
- 11 Times 'The 100' Gave Me Nightmares
- 6 Reasons to Watch 'The Americans' Season 3
- 'Suits' Interview: Sarah Rafferty on Louis' Rage, Collateral Damage, Fun Flashback and More!
- 'The Bachelor' Family Blogs: A Tale of Two Ashleys
- More From BuddyTV
- The Walking Dead First Look: 'What Happened' to Michonne?
- Stalker Sneak Peek: Phoebe Tonkin's Ex Marks the Spot — Or Does He?
- Will Suits Give In to Louis? 'You Can't Say Yes to a Child's Demands,' Says EP
- Pretty Little Liars Recap: Freezer Burn
- Criminal Minds Spinoff Pilot Adds Walking Dead's Tyler James Williams
- More From TVLine
- Netflix's ‘Wet Hot American Summer' Cast by the Numbers
- GoDaddy Pulls Puppy Super Bowl Ad Following Backlash
- Nick Jonas Is Sick of Looking at His Shirtless, Crotch-Grabbing Photos
- Chris Pratt as Indiana Jones? 6 Reasons He Could Be the Best or Worst Choice
- Stars Hit the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- More From ET