Comedy Central has had more than a few game shows, but few of them, with the exception of Win Ben Stein's Money, ever really caught on. In the late 90s comedian Greg Proops, best known for his work on both the British and American versions of Who's Line Is It Anyway? hosted a game show called VS. that pitted two groups against one another in a quiz show kind of format. The groups were supposed to be polar opposites, so for example they might have "cops vs. hippies," or, a personal favorite of mine, "cowboys vs. Indians" (in which the "Indians" were literally people from India). The show was played in three rounds, and the basic gist was that if you answered questions tailored to your group, you won some money, and if you answered questions tailored to the other group, you won even more money. If the show seemed familiar to some people, it's because another game show, called Clash!, also aired on Comedy Central years earlier and used essentially the same format. All I can recall about Clash!, however, is the episode where Superman fans went up against Batman fans. Don't ask me who won, though. While VS. wasn't a terrible show, and Proops was actually quite witty as a host, it came along when Win Ben Stein's Money was still going strong, and it seems viewers were happy with just one goofy game show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Creator Eric Kripke Answers: Will the Story Live On?
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Scoop: Krista Allen Cast as Former B-Movie Star
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Supernatural's Jensen Ackles
- Ratings: Constantine Does Sub-Dracula Numbers, Blue Bloods Hits Highs
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- More From TVLine