Comedy Central has had more than a few game shows, but few of them, with the exception of Win Ben Stein's Money, ever really caught on. In the late 90s comedian Greg Proops, best known for his work on both the British and American versions of Who's Line Is It Anyway? hosted a game show called VS. that pitted two groups against one another in a quiz show kind of format. The groups were supposed to be polar opposites, so for example they might have "cops vs. hippies," or, a personal favorite of mine, "cowboys vs. Indians" (in which the "Indians" were literally people from India). The show was played in three rounds, and the basic gist was that if you answered questions tailored to your group, you won some money, and if you answered questions tailored to the other group, you won even more money. If the show seemed familiar to some people, it's because another game show, called Clash!, also aired on Comedy Central years earlier and used essentially the same format. All I can recall about Clash!, however, is the episode where Superman fans went up against Batman fans. Don't ask me who won, though. While VS. wasn't a terrible show, and Proops was actually quite witty as a host, it came along when Win Ben Stein's Money was still going strong, and it seems viewers were happy with just one goofy game show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- September 2014: Don't Miss These 15 TV Shows and Events
- 'Extant' Episode 10 Photos: It's a New World
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Episode 6 Photos: Brooks & Tasos Arrive to Mix Things Up
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Rock the Wedding'
- More From BuddyTV
- Outlander Recap: I Love It When a Clan Comes Together
- Downton Abbey: First Season 5 Trailer Features Surprise Hookups, Raging Infernos, Exposed Secrets
- Looking Finds Season 2 Gigs for Crossbones Co-Star, Late Night Comic
- TVLine Mixtape: Your Favorite Songs From Teen Wolf, True Blood, Finding Carter and More
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Anna Paquin
- More From TVLine