Comedy Central has had more than a few game shows, but few of them, with the exception of Win Ben Stein's Money, ever really caught on. In the late 90s comedian Greg Proops, best known for his work on both the British and American versions of Who's Line Is It Anyway? hosted a game show called VS. that pitted two groups against one another in a quiz show kind of format. The groups were supposed to be polar opposites, so for example they might have "cops vs. hippies," or, a personal favorite of mine, "cowboys vs. Indians" (in which the "Indians" were literally people from India). The show was played in three rounds, and the basic gist was that if you answered questions tailored to your group, you won some money, and if you answered questions tailored to the other group, you won even more money. If the show seemed familiar to some people, it's because another game show, called Clash!, also aired on Comedy Central years earlier and used essentially the same format. All I can recall about Clash!, however, is the episode where Superman fans went up against Batman fans. Don't ask me who won, though. While VS. wasn't a terrible show, and Proops was actually quite witty as a host, it came along when Win Ben Stein's Money was still going strong, and it seems viewers were happy with just one goofy game show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' Episodes 6.3 and 6.4 Photos: A Love Triangle for Kurt
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.11 Photos: Will Grief Unite Emily and Victoria?
- More From BuddyTV
- Kevin Hart Hosting First SNL of 2015
- TVLine's Performers of the Week: Laurie Metcalf and Stephen Colbert
- Ratings: Amazing Race Ticks Up With Finale, Splits 3-Way Demo Win
- Mysteries of Laura Adds Boardwalk Alum Meg Steedle as Series Regular
- Darlene Love's Final Late Show Visit: Watch Her Full Performance
- More From TVLine