Comedy Central has had more than a few game shows, but few of them, with the exception of Win Ben Stein's Money, ever really caught on. In the late 90s comedian Greg Proops, best known for his work on both the British and American versions of Who's Line Is It Anyway? hosted a game show called VS. that pitted two groups against one another in a quiz show kind of format. The groups were supposed to be polar opposites, so for example they might have "cops vs. hippies," or, a personal favorite of mine, "cowboys vs. Indians" (in which the "Indians" were literally people from India). The show was played in three rounds, and the basic gist was that if you answered questions tailored to your group, you won some money, and if you answered questions tailored to the other group, you won even more money. If the show seemed familiar to some people, it's because another game show, called Clash!, also aired on Comedy Central years earlier and used essentially the same format. All I can recall about Clash!, however, is the episode where Superman fans went up against Batman fans. Don't ask me who won, though. While VS. wasn't a terrible show, and Proops was actually quite witty as a host, it came along when Win Ben Stein's Money was still going strong, and it seems viewers were happy with just one goofy game show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Exclusive Goldbergs Sneak Peek: Barry Translates Erica's Hysterical Blubbering
- Vampire Diaries Season Finale Sneak Peek: New Photos Reveal 'Violence' and 'Despair'
- NCIS First Look: Hey, Did You Hear the One About DiNozzo and the Admiral's Daughter…?
- American Idol Exclusive: Top 5 Theme Is…
- Exclusive: Big Bang Theory's Raj, Bones' Sweets Embroiled in Unorthodox Love Triangle
- More From TVLine
- Tori Spelling Acknowledges Her Cheating Past on 'True Tori'
- Bryan Singer Calls Underage Sex Abuse Allegations 'Vicious,' Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promo Events
- Exclusive: Listen To Classic Funk Band War's New Single Off First Album in 20 Years
- Aaron Carter on Hilary Duff: I Would Sweep Her Off Her Feet (VIDEO)
- George Clooney Gets In Heated Altercation In Las Vegas
- More From ET