This year's awards season, barely a month old now, has not been a good one for Hollywood. First, the Golden Globes ceremony was reduced to an Access Hollywood special after members of the Writers Guild and Screen Actors Guild boycotted the show. Now, it looks like the Grammy Awards ceremony may also be in trouble.
It is being reported that the striking guild will probably bar its members from working on the February 10th Grammys telecast. Grammy organizers have yet to ask for a waiver allowing for writers to work on the show. However, according to a WGA spokesperson, a waiver grant would be unlikely. There is no word if the WGA will picket the ceremony. If it does, then SAG members will not cross the picket line. This potentially means another exciting 1-hour infotainment special.
I'm sure members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences are sweating a bit now.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Leftovers' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Has Another Departure Happened?
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 1 Finale Recap: The Group Breaks into the Army Compound
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Can Regina Be the Savior?
- 'Arrow' Episode 4.2 Photos: The Team Protects a Mayoral Candidate
- 'The Flash' Episode 2.2 Photos: Meet Jay Garrick
- More From BuddyTV
- Miley Cyrus Parties All Night After 'SNL' Premiere
- Lady Gaga Makes Red Hot Rare Appearance With Fiancé Taylor Kinney at 'American Horror Story' Premiere
- Britney Spears Crashes Kate Hudson's Game Night
- Caitlyn Jenner Claims Kim Kardashian Forces Her to Wear Makeup Every Day
- Khloe Kardashian Shares Adorable Photo of North West & Penelope Disick
- More From ET