July 2, 2015
by Brad Linder, posted Jan 27th 2008 12:58PM
Sure, Netflix is great if you like waiting for DVDs to show up in the mail or if you don't mind watching online video using a web browser. But I kind of like watching movies on a TV screen. And while I've got a computer permanently plugged into my TV, the last thing I want to do is pull out a keyboard and mouse and open up a web browser to watc my movies, when I've got Windows Media Center and a remote control.
Fortunately, it looks like someone's developing a Windows Media Center plugin that will let you watch Netflix videos without a web browser. Development is still in the early phases, but the promise is that you'll be able to find available movies and stream them in full screen mode all without visiting Netflix.com in web browser. When it's complete, the plugin should let you login to your Netflix account, browse and search Netflix "watch now" movies, and possibly even add DVDs in your queue for ordering the old fashioned way.
[via Missing Remote]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Tut's Avan Jogia Talks Twisted Cliffhanger, Shares Pitch for Season 2
- Empire Signs Marisa Tomei to Play Lesbian Billionaire in Season 2
- TVLine Items: Donald Glover Pilot Adds to Cast, SOA Vet in The Way and More
- Fatal Attraction Event Series: 20 Actors Who'd Bring the Heat (and the Crazy) to Fox's Thriller Remake
- Sleepy Hollow Wants 'Angelina Jolie' to Play Ichabod's Old Flame Betsy Ross
- More From TVLine
- Tiffani Thiessen Welcomes Second Child Holt Fisher -- See the Adorable Pic!
- Britney Spears' Mom Jamming Out to 'Toxic' Is the Best Thing You'll See All Day
- Miley Cyrus Makes Out With Victoria's Secret Model Stella Maxwell and It's Pretty Intense
- George Takei Has The Perfect Response To Donald Trump's Position on Same-Sex Marriage
- Robin Thicke Says He's Embarrassed By Attempts to Get Paula Patton Back
- More From ET