If seeing the likes of 'Seinfeld' alum Wayne Knight, '3rd Rock From the Sun' Emmy winner Kristen Johnston and 'Scrubs' star Donald Faison play off one another every week isn't enough to get you to tune in, AOL TV asked the stars of the new comedy to give you their reasons why you should watch.
"Because it's funnyyyyyyyy," Kelly Stables said on the red carpet at TV Land's premiere party. "That's a lot of Ys there. The characters are terrific, the cast ... not only are they funny people, but they are funny actors."
News Roundup: 'Lost' Producers Working on Fairy Tale Series, CBS Names Judges for Paula Abdul's Dance Competition and More
According to Ausiello Files, Kitsis and Horowitz will be joined by Damon Lindelof as a consultant. The duo are prepping a pitch for ABC Studios. Details are scarce, but the report indicates the proposed series will have a female lead.
In other TV news ...
• CBS has announced the judges for Paula Abdul's new dance competition. Abdul will be joined by host Andrew Günsberg of 'Australian Idol,' choreographer Travis Payne and singer/dancer Kimberly Wyatt. [Live Feed]
• ABC is developing a series based on 'Romeo & Juliet.' The series is a retelling of the classic Shakespeare tale, but unlike past attempts, this show would be set in Renaissance times. Catherine Hardwicke is in talks to direct. [Deadline Hollywood]
• Craig Ferguson and 'Half & Half' writer Yvette Lee Bowser are developing a comedy project at CBS. 'Roz,' follows a single mom who has to support her extended family. [Variety]
(S01E01/S01E02) I'm about to give you fair warning. In addition to being a husband, father, writer at TV Squad, and Nobel Prize-winning astrophysicist I have also been in improv for 5 years. So, my review is may be slightly tainted.
That being said, I didn't think Thank God You're Here was an utter disaster. I also didn't think it was a laugh-until-you-pee hit, either. It was interesting to watch and mildly entertaining, even in those scenes where you knew the actors were waaaayyyy out of their element. And there was plenty of that.
Guests scheduled to appear include Jennifer Coolidge, Fred Willard, Bryan Cranston, Jason Alexander, Wayne Knight, Ana Gasteyer, Chelsea Handler, Joel McHale, George Takei, Tom Green, Nicole Sullivan, Tom Arnold, Fran Drescher, Shannon Elizabeth, Paul Rodriguez, Eddie Kaye Thomas, Mo'Nique, and Alanis Morrisette.
I have always been a sucker for Whose Line is it Anyway?, so I'm going to give this one a chance for sure. Thank God You're Here premieres on two Mondays, April 9 and 16 at 8 pm, before moving to its permanent timeslot on Wednesday, April 18 at 8 pm.
(S03E16 / S03E17) "And you want to be my latex salesman."
For the last couple of weeks, I've been reviewing two Seinfeld episodes each Wednesday so I can get them out of the way before the fall season starts. But this one has to stand on its own, because it's one of my three favorite Seinfelds, right up in the pantheon with "The Junior Mint" and "The Contest." It's the culmination of what Larry David, Jerry Seinfeld and the writers had been building since the first episode of Season Three, chockablock with storylines, pop culture parodies, sports references, classic lines, physical jokes, and switcheroos. There's so much to talk about here, that I don't think I'll have the energy to go over another episode.
(S03E14) You may not think this is a landmark Seinfeld episode, but it is. Why? Because this is the first time we hear one of the show's enduring catchphrases: "Hello, Newman."
We had encountered Newman in the Season Two episode called "The Revenge", but we only heard his voice (which was done by Larry David). But when it came time to give Kramer a buddy, Jerry an enemy, and a guy who was supposed to be the building snitch, Larry and Jerry decided to come back to Newman. So this is the first time we see Wayne Knight playing the best side character the show ever created. It almost seems like no one else could play the part now, but the names of some of the other people who auditioned for the part might surprise you...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- 'Mistresses' Episode 2.9 Photos: Toni Has News for Dom
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 4: Cody's HoH Photos
- 15 Reasons to Attend Comic-Con with the Gang from 'The Big Bang Theory'
- 'Pretty Little Liars': 17 Moments of Drinking, Spying and Kissing from 'The Silence of E. Lamb'
- More From BuddyTV
- Game Night Preview: 'What People Help Their Necks to Be Not Cold'?
- Arrow Season 3: Scoop on Roy's New Role, Sara's Status, the Baby and More
- TVLine Items: CSI: Cyber Adds 'Fat Neil,' Top Model Moves and More
- Resurrection Casts Michelle Fairley as [Spoiler]'s 'Returned' Mother
- Scandal Books Portia de Rossi for a 'Top-Secret Arc'
- More From TVLine