Recently, Bob made an aside about how he can't find Kate and Allie anywhere on television. Well, I have good news for Bob and for anyone else who was a fan of that sitcom: WE (that's the Women's Entertainment network, not the pronoun) will begin showing episodes in June.
In fact, the popular '80s sitcom will be introduced with a marathon running from noon until 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 2. The series will then slip into its regular Monday night slot at 7:00 p.m.
Kate and Allie focused on two divorcees who decide to move in together and help raise each other's children. The series starred Jane Curtin (Allie) and Susan Saint James (Kate), and while I watched it a lot growing up (my mom loved the show), I think I was a bit too young to appreciate it. One of the things I love about having a Tivo is recording those old shows I only vaguely remember to see how good they really are. Lately, I've been watching a lot of Alice, but now I'll have to add Kate and Allie to the lineup, too.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Glee Recap: Party Poopers
- Pilot News: Lost Vet Terry O'Quinn to Lead ABC Legal Drama The Adversaries
- Cartoon Network's Adventure Time Being Developed into Feature Film
- Pilot Scoop: Scrubs' Sarah Chalke to Co-Star in Fox's 48 Hours 'Til Monday
- Kelly Osbourne Exits Fashion Police — Read E! Network's Official Statement
- More From TVLine
- Found! Lupita Nyong'o's Stolen $150K Oscar Gown Returned to Scene of the Crime
- 'Looking' Cast Reveal Whether They Have More Sex Than Their Character
- Ronda Rousey On Her Big UFC Fight and Making 'Furious 7' With Paul Walker
- Khloe Kardashian Shares Super Skinny Selfie: 'People Love to Call Me the Fat One'
- NKOTB's Jonathan Knight on Being Outed and How 'The Amazing Race' Helped His Anxiety
- More From ET