My parents got married at City Hall. My mom was wearing a caftan over her baby bump (I was born a few months later) and my dad wore a V-neck sweater, high-heeled boots and five o'clock shadow. It was the '70s and the whole thing cost as much as the marriage license. Granted, it didn't last, but as I'm sure you've noticed, most marriages don't.
Several obstacles stand before the duo. First, there's Carly, Sonny's vengeful ex-wife, who is determined to tell Sonny that Brenda gave birth to his own grandchild in order to make sure that the wedding doesn't happen.
And then there's
Finally, there's Franco (played by James Franco), who is obsessed with destroying Jason. What better way to accomplish that than to ruin the life of Jason's best friend Sonny and Jason's pal and one-time wife, Brenda?
TV Squad spoke to Maurice Benard (Sonny) and Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo (Brenda) for a preview of today's highly anticipated episode.
Soap opera weddings are often the culmination of years of dealing with heartache and conquering adversity. But just because the couple exchanges "I do's" doesn't mean it's happily ever after -- as Sonny and Brenda's upcoming wedding on 'General Hospital' is proving.
Many, but not all couples on soaps get hitched for the right reasons. Sometimes the bride or groom is blackmailing the other or someone just wants to land a rich spouse!
One thing's for sure -- soap weddings are always memorable. Here's a look back at 20 soap wedding ceremonies (or post-ceremony moments) that fans remember fondly. Is your favorite not on the list? Let us know!
Tonight, Jim and Pam head to Niagara Falls to (finally!) tie the knot.
In honor of Dunder Mifflin's long-awaited union, we count down some of TV's memorable matrimonial affairs.
Let's go ahead and start with Gaby since today was her big day. Her little hissy fit that Bree was late certainly took on new meaning after seeing her fight with Victor from the night before. Wow, how many excuses is she going to make for him? It's not too late to get the wedding annulled, or is it? He and his father seem to have a lot of power, and I am not convinced she could get out of the marriage at this point. I think they would do what they could to stop her, regardless of what that might entail.
The director of such trash classics Pink Flamingos and Female Trouble will star as the "Groom Reaper," guiding us through the grizzly murders that resulted from these most unholy of matrimonies. The show will debut in 2007.
I'd be slightly more excited if Waters were directing the series, but its subject matter is right up his alley -- if only it were set in Baltimore.
So, is this another missing wife? Maybe, but we don't know that.
You know you're living in a Bizarro World when Dwight wins Dunder Mifflin's salesman of the year award. He's feeling quite saucy, but when Michael informs him that he must make a speech at the company sales convention, his bravado turns into quivering fear. Michael, of course, takes some time to brag about his past accomplishments and his "penchant" for public speaking.
Michael decides to help Dwight with his public speaking, and in his own obnoxious way, tries to get Dwight to overcome his fear. His "examples" include making a bogus announcement to the staff that they've all gotten $1,000 bonuses. (It was funny watching the staff celebrate and seeing Stanley call his wife and deciding on buying something for their home.) Dwight tries to emulate Michael, but to no avail.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Finale: 7 Burning Questions for Season 2
- 'Hannibal': 21 Creepy Moments from 'Trou Normand'
- 'Nashville' Music Videos: Juliette's 'Nothing In This World' & Avery and Scarlett's 'Moon is High'
- Blake Shelton Organizes Benefit Concert for Oklahoma Tornado Victims
- 'The Glades' Season 4 Preview: The Proposal Cliffhanger, a Time Jump and Jim as a Step-Dad
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Fresh Prince' reunion: Will Smith does theme song rap with Alfonso Ribeiro and DJ Jazzy Jeff
- 'Real Housewives of New York': LuAnn de Lesseps may not return due to salary conflict
- NBC schedules Oklahoma Tornado benefit concert; 'Cult' returns to CW schedule
- Reality TV pioneer Mike Darnell leaves FOX: 'It has truly been an amazing ride'
- 'The Originals' new premiere episode: What's coming for 'The Vampire Diaries' spinoff?
- More From Zap2it
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes
- Fox's Top Reality Exec Mike Darnell to Depart Amid Major American Idol Overhaul
- TV Season in Review: Breaks Are Bad, Gore Is Good, a Reality Check and More Lessons Learned
- What to Watch: Your Guide to 35 Memorial Day Weekend Marathons and Specials!
- TVLine Items: Cult Returns to The CW, New True Blood Promo Declares War on Vamps and More!
- More From TVLine