The Front Runners: Besides '30 Rock,' which won last year, the class of 2009 nominees -- 'The Office,' 'Californication,' 'Entourage' and 'Weeds' -- all have the inside track on a return to the Globes ceremony this year.
There's one thing to do a stupid joke that you shouldn't have done, and then it's another to not even have the balls to follow through on the joke.
Case in point: last night's MTV Movie Awards. Seth Rogan and James Franco presented the award for Best Summer Movie of the Year So Far, and while doing it, they did a little plug for their new movie Pineapple Express. They pulled out a bag of fake (?) weed and smoked (?) it onstage, explaining more than once that it was fake and that kids shouldn't smoke it. But take a look at the video after the jump below. As the joke starts, MTV's cameras pull away to a shot that seems to be taken from across the street. You can't even tell what Rogan and Franco are doing on stage, you can only hear them inhaling and introducing the nominees in the category.
Al and Peg aren't going to be too happy about this.
David Faustino, aka Bud Bundy on the long-running FOX comedy Married...With Children, was arrested on Saturday night in Florida. Seems the actor was not only arguing with his ex-wife in the middle of an intersection - screaming obscenities, etc - but he was also "intoxicated." Not sure if that means booze or pot or both, but the police did find 20 grams of pot inside his pocket.
The Smoking Gun has the police report, and the mug shot (of course). Faustino looks rather stunned.
Are headlines like that even surprising anymore?
The Simple Life's (emphasis on SIMPLE) Nicole Richie was arrested early this morning in Burbank, CA for going the wrong way on the 134 freeway. Witnesses called the police, and when police got to her car, she admitted she had taken Vicodin and smoked pot. But she wasn't drunk on booze, thank heavens, which means she's being responsible.
Two interesting aspects to this story: one, the police have told TMZ.com that they aren't going to release Richie's mug shot, which means it can't be added to the Hall of Fame. And two, the police report lists her height as 5 feet 1 inches and her weight as 85 pounds. Which basically means she weights nothing, and when she turns sideways she vanishes completely. She should join Heroes!
Update: the TMZ.com story has been updated with Richie's booking photo.
There seems to be differing opinions as to its origin, but the number 420 has been synonymous with marijuana culture for some time. It's a seemingly innocuous phrase that lets stoners speak freely of their exploits while around grown ups and other authority figures, like, oh, let's say Bob Barker. The Consumerist found a clip on YouTube (watch it after the jump) in which a young man on The Price is Right can't help but bid $420 on everything. Okay, that's mildly amusing, but someone should tell the kid that his "joke" pretty much guaranteed he wouldn't win, or at least would narrow his chances considerably. It would be like going on Wheel of Fortune and only allowing yourself to use the first ten letters of the alphabet. Also, kids should know that a marijuana reference is a gateway reference, and eventually you may end up referencing heroin on Jeopardy. Also, did Bob get the reference, or was he just playing dumb? I can't decide. He's old, but he seems hip. Anyway, check it out:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Flash': 15 Secrets Kept or Revealed During 'Things You Can't Outrun'
- 'Supernatural' Mystery: Who Is the Red-Headed Woman?
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Soul Survivor'
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.5 Photos: Nina Dobrev Visits as Original Doppelganger and Elijah's Love
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.4 Photos: Nyssa al Ghul Returns
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: Eye for an Eye
- Pretty Little Liars Video: 'A' Spreads Holiday Fear in New Christmas Promo
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Post Mortem: Bobbi's Status, Skye's Origin, Fitz's Fate and More Burning Qs Answered
- The Voice Recap: It's Just a Noisy Hall, Where There's a Nightly Brawl
- The Flash Recap: The 'Chosen' One
- More From TVLine
- Michael Strahan Looks Ripped on 'Magic Mike XXL' Set
- Neil Patrick Harris, Chelsea Handler Make Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating People List
- Renee Zellweger On Her New Appearance: Perhaps I Look Different, I'm Older
- Matthew McConaughey Puts A Year Of Accolades And Acclaim Into Perspective
- 7 Stars Dressed Like Everyday Appliances
- More From ET