Each week Michaels will visit a different family and try to help them with their eating habits, health and exercise. She'll replace their Ding Dongs with carrot sticks, their ice cream with lettuce, and will break into their cars and steal them so they're forced to walk everywhere.
Getting people to eat better and exercise are noble goals, I just hate having another another of television taken up by yet another reality show (and a spinoff of one still on the air yet). I like scripted shows.
Hey, why not make this a scripted drama? Maybe call it 'Sara Summers, Health Investigator.' Each week Sara (played by Jennifer Garner) infiltrates a family, posing as a long lost relative or as a friend, and secretly helps them eat better and lose weight. Maybe there can be a mythology to the show and an evil organization hell bent on stopping people from getting in shape.
At the end of the episode, they showed contestant Dane crossing the finish line after completing a 26-mile marathon in Arizona. This was supposed to be an uplifting moment, where one of the players lost weight and actually struggled to finish the marathon with his family and friends around him, cheering him on. The problem? He actually didn't finish the race himself. Along the route somewhere, a van picked him up and drove him to the finish line, and he crossed the line with his wife and kid.
A couple days ago, EW's PopWatch reported that The CW asked the younger female stars of 90210 (Shenae Grimes, Jessica Stroup and AnnaLynne McCord) to address their "weight issues."
Sure, skeletal celebrities are nothing new (and almost seems like a requirement of fame), but even one of the stars of another CW teen drama, Gossip Girl, thinks a line has been crossed. Penn Badgley (Dan) told Popeater.com that he doesn't like "thin L.A. girls" and hopes "they eat a double cheeseburger or something."
Valerie Bertinelli, who many remember as Barbara Cooper on One Day at a Time, is publishing her first book, a memoir titled Losing It: And Gaining My Life Back One Pound at a Time. The book will focus on Bertinelli's life as a young TV star, and her battles with weight gain and depression.
Bertinelli also appeared on Touched by an Angel and is currently a spokesperson for Jenny Craig.
Honestly, I think she looks a lot better with a little extra weight. Not that my five year old self didn't pine for the younger, skinnier Bertinelli when she was on One Day at a Time, but I don't likes m' ladies to be all skin and bones, you know? Of course you do.
You're right, Tyra. You're not required to live up to that standard anymore so the next time you decide to go online do it from on top of a big pile of money that you earned modeling - beer in one hand, Hot Pocket in the other. If it would make you feel better to do something nice for someone else, you could always give your writers health insurance.
If you need to drop a significant amount of weight, this is a good way to go. Sure, it's on national television and is humiliating, but it has been so shockingly successful for so many candidates.
Cities and dates for casting calls are after the jump:
Mr. Jelineck: Your daughter has a disease we call anorexia.
Sara Blank: Is that contagious?
Mr. Jelineck: Yes. It often sweeps through third world countries that are stricken by drought.
A new character is introduced in this episode: Stew, the Blank's meatman. Basically, he's like a milkman, except he delivers meat. And much like the fabled milkman, he also seems a bit more interested in the lady of the house than he should be. He immediately makes himself at home in the household, taking on the role of "father" even though their real dad is still very much alive, even if he is catatonic.
It's no secret this country has a weight problem, but do you think this turn-out is because people want to lose weight or they want to be on television? Or both.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Burn Notice' Season 7 Premiere Photos: Michael Suffers from the Deal He Made
- 10 Former Contestants Who Should Be 'American Idol' Judges
- 20 TV Characters To Have a Summer Fling With
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 9: First Impressions of Desiree's 25 Men
- 13 Fresh Faces of Summer 2013: Who to Watch in Television and Movies
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Criminal Minds' Season 8 finale: Who fell victim to The Replicator?
- 'Modern Family' Season 4 finale: 'Goodnight, Gracie' ends with a Dunphy funeral
- Farrah Abraham's new show a 'reality docu-soap' with Spinboi Films
- The 'Arrow' cast says goodbye to Tommy Merlyn: Emily Bett Rickards, Colton Haynes, and more weigh in on Colin Donnell
- Will @RobbieAmell & @amellywood get competitive on The CW? Watch the vid!
- More From Zap2it
- Chicago Fire Finale Recap: Ready, Set, React!
- Criminal Minds Finale Recap: The Replicator Is Unmasked, But Not Before Striking Back
- Nashville Season Finale Recap: The Truth Is Out!
- Idology: Cheering Candice Glover's Season 12 Win, Debating Finale Highs and Lows, Envisioning Changes for a Brighter Idol Future!
- Law & Order: SVU Season Finale Shocker: Is [Spoiler] Leaving the Show?!
- More From TVLine