He once saved a crowded school bus from falling off of a cliff ... using only a scarf.
Firefighters blamed him for the Laguna Wildfire when his Aviator sunglasses came in contact with the sun.
People stop and stare at every word he writes, particularly when he writes "boobs."
He is the most interesting man in the world. And his name is Charles Nelson Reilly. The actor, comedian, director and Match Game fixture has been posthumously immortalized by comedy musician "Weird Al" Yankovic in a new hilarious online single called "CNR".
The star of The Soup and the upcoming NBC sitcom Community has joined forces with Michael J. Nelson's Rifftrax.com to provide a running comedy commentary for the perennial craptastic 80s classic Red Dawn. Nelson announced the guest commentary on the Rifftrax site and his Twitter blog earlier this week.
Rifftrax, for those who may not be familiar with the site and are therefore in no way cool, is the comedy website that provides downloadable MP3s of funny movie commentaries featuring the voices and talents of the minds behind Mystery Science Theater 3000 including Nelson, Bill Corbett and Kevin Murphy. It is the only reason I still own all three Matrix films, that and the fact that my desk is missing part of a leg.
Hey, everybody, here's a few tasty tidbits from the world of animation for you. Please chew carefully:
A fourth trailer for The Simpsons movie was released not too long ago. Most of you have probably seen it already, but if not, I've placed it at the end of this post. The brief shot of Lisa fainting over the cute boy gets me every time. The animation in that sequence is unlike anything they do on the TV series, which leads me to believe this movie is going to kick twelve essential kinds of ass.
John Kricfalusi, creator of Ren and Stimpy, has made a hilariously subversive video for Weird Al's song "Close But No Cigar." The song is what Weird Al would refer to as a "style parody," meaning it's not a parody of a specific song but it does pay homage to the music stylings of Cake. The characters and poses were designed by Kricfalusi and fellow animator Katie Rice. The actual animation was done in Flash by Copernicus Studios in Canada. I've kind of lost track of Weird Al over the years, but this is a very funny song, and the video fits it perfectly. Lots of hot cartoon chicks, plus a face gets eaten and a squirrel is disemboweled. I don't think I could ask for much more in a music video. I've placed it after the jump:
All ten videos -- including classics like "Like a Surgeon", "Amish Paradise", and "I Lost on Jeopardy!" -- can be found on Robbin's page.
[via Pop Candy]
Airing intermittently on MTV and VH1 since the 1980s, Weird Al Yankovic's AL TV is basically a showcase for Weird Al's offbeat sense of humor, typically coinciding with the release of a new album. Weird Al's parodies and original songs was the first music I really got into, not counting "Pac-Man Fever," and more or less defined my sense of humor as a youngster. I lost interest in him as I got older, but still maintained an admiration for the poofy-headed one, because he's actually an extremely talented musician and composer, a fact often eclipsed by his penchant for writing silly songs about food and penning lyrics like, "you make me wanna staple bagels to my face, and remove them with a pitchfork."
My favorite part of AL TV was his "interviews" with different musical artists, and after the jump you can watch ol' Weird Al in action. Clearly, he's the Mike Wallace of nearsighted Hawaiian shirt-wearing freaks. Click on and enjoy:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge' Recap: Nolan Helps Louise Take Down Her Mother
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Peter and Kordell Flirt with Claudia
- 2015 SAG Awards Live Blog: Complete List of Winners
- 'Downton Abbey' Recap: An Explosive Dinner Party and More Police Questions
- [Video] 'Supernatural' Preview: Charlie Is Back (and She's Bad)
- More From BuddyTV
- Revenge Recap: Is [Spoiler] Dead? Plus: Let's Discuss That Tragic Kiss
- Sons of Liberty: Was the Premiere of History's Miniseries Revolutionary?
- Downton Abbey Recap: Guess Who's Coming to (Ruin) Dinner
- Galavant: Two Takes on Season 1, Including the Mildly 'Meh' Finale
- More From TVLine
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus' Advice to Struggling Actors: 'Sleep Around'
- Are Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello Already Planning To Have Kids?
- Julia Roberts: People Were Nicer When I Was Starting Out in Hollywood
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Were The Cutest Couple At The 2015 SAG Awards
- SAG Awards 2015: The Best, the Worst and the Most Awkward Moments
- More From ET