He once saved a crowded school bus from falling off of a cliff ... using only a scarf.
Firefighters blamed him for the Laguna Wildfire when his Aviator sunglasses came in contact with the sun.
People stop and stare at every word he writes, particularly when he writes "boobs."
He is the most interesting man in the world. And his name is Charles Nelson Reilly. The actor, comedian, director and Match Game fixture has been posthumously immortalized by comedy musician "Weird Al" Yankovic in a new hilarious online single called "CNR".
The star of The Soup and the upcoming NBC sitcom Community has joined forces with Michael J. Nelson's Rifftrax.com to provide a running comedy commentary for the perennial craptastic 80s classic Red Dawn. Nelson announced the guest commentary on the Rifftrax site and his Twitter blog earlier this week.
Rifftrax, for those who may not be familiar with the site and are therefore in no way cool, is the comedy website that provides downloadable MP3s of funny movie commentaries featuring the voices and talents of the minds behind Mystery Science Theater 3000 including Nelson, Bill Corbett and Kevin Murphy. It is the only reason I still own all three Matrix films, that and the fact that my desk is missing part of a leg.
Hey, everybody, here's a few tasty tidbits from the world of animation for you. Please chew carefully:
A fourth trailer for The Simpsons movie was released not too long ago. Most of you have probably seen it already, but if not, I've placed it at the end of this post. The brief shot of Lisa fainting over the cute boy gets me every time. The animation in that sequence is unlike anything they do on the TV series, which leads me to believe this movie is going to kick twelve essential kinds of ass.
John Kricfalusi, creator of Ren and Stimpy, has made a hilariously subversive video for Weird Al's song "Close But No Cigar." The song is what Weird Al would refer to as a "style parody," meaning it's not a parody of a specific song but it does pay homage to the music stylings of Cake. The characters and poses were designed by Kricfalusi and fellow animator Katie Rice. The actual animation was done in Flash by Copernicus Studios in Canada. I've kind of lost track of Weird Al over the years, but this is a very funny song, and the video fits it perfectly. Lots of hot cartoon chicks, plus a face gets eaten and a squirrel is disemboweled. I don't think I could ask for much more in a music video. I've placed it after the jump:
All ten videos -- including classics like "Like a Surgeon", "Amish Paradise", and "I Lost on Jeopardy!" -- can be found on Robbin's page.
[via Pop Candy]
Airing intermittently on MTV and VH1 since the 1980s, Weird Al Yankovic's AL TV is basically a showcase for Weird Al's offbeat sense of humor, typically coinciding with the release of a new album. Weird Al's parodies and original songs was the first music I really got into, not counting "Pac-Man Fever," and more or less defined my sense of humor as a youngster. I lost interest in him as I got older, but still maintained an admiration for the poofy-headed one, because he's actually an extremely talented musician and composer, a fact often eclipsed by his penchant for writing silly songs about food and penning lyrics like, "you make me wanna staple bagels to my face, and remove them with a pitchfork."
My favorite part of AL TV was his "interviews" with different musical artists, and after the jump you can watch ol' Weird Al in action. Clearly, he's the Mike Wallace of nearsighted Hawaiian shirt-wearing freaks. Click on and enjoy:
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Finale: 7 Burning Questions for Season 2
- 'Hannibal': 21 Creepy Moments from 'Trou Normand'
- 'Nashville' Music Videos: Juliette's 'Nothing In This World' & Avery and Scarlett's 'Moon is High'
- Blake Shelton Organizes Benefit Concert for Oklahoma Tornado Victims
- 'The Glades' Season 4 Preview: The Proposal Cliffhanger, a Time Jump and Jim as a Step-Dad
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Fresh Prince' reunion: Will Smith does theme song rap with Alfonso Ribeiro and DJ Jazzy Jeff
- 'Real Housewives of New York': LuAnn de Lesseps may not return due to salary conflict
- NBC schedules Oklahoma Tornado benefit concert; 'Cult' returns to CW schedule
- Reality TV pioneer Mike Darnell leaves FOX: 'It has truly been an amazing ride'
- 'The Originals' new premiere episode: What's coming for 'The Vampire Diaries' spinoff?
- More From Zap2it
- Video: Arrested Development Faves Reveal Everything (and Nothing) About the New Season
- Rookie Blue Sneak Peek: Andy Meets Sam's New Girlfriend, Gets Awkward With Her Ex
- New Spoiler Alert!: Rating the Season Finales of Nashville, Scandal, Grey's and More! Plus — Is Revenge Plotting a Cruel Bait-and-Switch?
- American Idol and X Factor 'Probably Hurt Each Other,' Fox's Exiting Reality Chief Concedes
- Fox's Top Reality Exec Mike Darnell to Depart Amid Major American Idol Overhaul
- More From TVLine