west side story
The Fox series is also giving viewers a hearty dose of 'West Side Story' songs to go along with the monumental episode.
The 'Glee' cast covers 'A Boy Like That,' 'Tonight,' 'America,' and 'One Hand, One Heart.' Head on over to Wall Street Journal to hear the Warblers cover Billy Joel's 'Uptown Girl.'
Fans will remember this isn't the first time New Directions has tackled 'Tonight.' Back in Season 1, Tina was given the solo, much to Rachel's dismay. However, this time it's all Rachel (Lea Michele) and Blaine (Darren Criss) and they pretty much nail it.
The official description from Fox: "Under Artie's (Kevin McHale) directorial leadership, the kids prepare to perform the school musical 'West Side Story.' Meanwhile, Finn (Cory Monteith) meets with a recruiter, and Coach Bieste (guest star Dot-Marie Jones) has an admirer."
What doesn't the release mention? Spoilers below.
The 'Glee' kids get back to their showtunes basics with Kurt's solo of Barbra Streisand's 'I'm the Greatest Star,' Blaine's take on the 'West Side Story' classic 'Something's Coming' and Rachel's duet with her birth mom Shelby on 'Somewhere.'
As a bonus, we've included a gallery of photos from the episode. Why isn't it Tuesday already?!
With the Seinfeld reunion coming up quickly (next week's episode is "The Table Read") things kicked into high gear last night on Curb -- especially when it came to the role of Amanda, George Costanza's ex-wife.
It came down to Cheryl and a busy, very popular actress named Virgina Sloane (played by Elisabeth Shue). Right off the bat, that creates a huge conflict since Larry assured Cheryl that she had the role. But beyond that, there were a lot of issues with how "Officer Krupke" played out in terms of conflict. Curb works best when the laughs are organic and too much of this episode felt forced and manufactured.
The commercial is a mixed bag. Taylor Swift proves that she has the real goods as a singer, doing the toughest part of the "Tonight" quintet. Ne-Yo's dance turn is more of a salute to Michael Jackson than an homage to composers Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim. And Katy Perry's rooftop bit reinforces the fact that she's funny and playful.
- At 8, ABC has the two-hour season finale of Ugly Betty.
- FOX has the two-hour season premiere of So You Think You Can Dance at 8.
- GAC has a new GAC Nights at 8.
- At 9, TLC has a new American Chopper.
- Spike has a new, two-hour TNA Wrestling at 9.
- Also at 9: ESPN has the Lakers/Nuggets game.
- At 9:30, TCM has West Side Story.
- At 10, NBC has the season finale of Southland.
- Bravo has a new episode of The Fashion Show at 10.
Check your local TV listings for more.
After the jump, the late night talk shows.
Tom Cruise leads the way in Steven Spielberg's underrated sci-fi adventure flick 'Minority Report,' airing today on TV.
The film features a number of Spielberg's signature touches, including an out-of-this-world story to go along with the movie's A-level visual effects.
Also airing this week: A stunning debut performance by Whoopi Goldberg, along with a fun night at the museum with funnyman Ben Stiller.
See more of this week's flick picks after the jump.
(S01E05) "Have you died and gone to moron heaven?" - Gene Hunt
What we had here, my friends, was a real theological episode. There were lots of references to angels, miracles, prayer and the question of whether or not Sam is dead. If so, is he in purgatory or hell or heaven? Does that explain his predicament? And is the old gray beard a vagrant or a heavenly messenger?
Overall, what I really thought made the show percolate was the teaming up of Sam and Clams. "Clams" we learn is Fletcher Bellow, Sam's mentor, and he pops up in the middle of a potentially explosive riot, with African-Americans going after Puerto Ricans when a little girl plummets from a rooftop at the hands -- or so it seems -- of Angel Ramirez.
(S01E22) Before we get started, I need to get something out of the way.
"A boy like that. He'll kill your brother."
Who wants to live in America? Rita Moreno does! I'm just one big fag haggis experiencing her inner theater queen. We all know that there's a Betty musical episode in the works, but I think we might be in for a preview next week. The episode is called "East Side Story," guest stars Kristin Chenoweth and is timed perfectly for Justin to save the day for middle school-aged thespians everywhere. Until then, let us reflect on tonight's mystical Mexico tour.
(S04E01) Here we are with the fourth season of the improvisational cop comedy Reno 911!, and if you've been watching the series up to this point you know that any cliff hangers from last season are going to be dealt with hastily so we can get to what the show is really about: police officers behaving life buffoons.
Nevertheless, let's revisit what happened at the end of season three: Trudy's boyfriend, a convicted serial killer, has been sentenced to death by lethal injection. At the last minute, however, the phone rings in the execution chamber. Could this be the call that will save his life? No, as it turns out it was just someone who called the wrong number. So he's dead, or so we assume. Also, Dangle and Garcia have become trapped inside their cruiser during a violent snow storm, but they find themselves rescued by the fire department at the start of this episode. Also, they're both naked inside the car, which they both claim was because they read something once about body heat, or something ... okay, no one knows why they were naked.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Peter and Kordell Flirt with Claudia
- 2015 SAG Awards Live Blog: Complete List of Winners
- 'Downton Abbey' Recap: An Explosive Dinner Party and More Police Questions
- [Video] 'Supernatural' Preview: Charlie Is Back (and She's Bad)
- 'Glee' Quotes: Sue's Funniest Lines from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 1'
- More From BuddyTV
- Sons of Liberty: Was the Premiere of History's Miniseries Revolutionary?
- Downton Abbey Recap: Guess Who's Coming to (Ruin) Dinner
- Galavant: Two Takes on Season 1, Including the Mildly 'Meh' Finale
- SAG Awards 2015: OITNB, Downton, Viola Davis, William H. Macy Win Big
- Zachary Quinto Nixes Heroes Comeback
- More From TVLine
- The 9 Best Dressed Stars at the 2015 SAG Awards
- The 7 Worst Dressed Stars at the 2015 SAG Awards
- SAG Awards 2015: Uzo Aduba and 'Orange Is the New Black' Cast Defeat 'Modern Family'!
- Sofia Vergara Shows Off Huge Ring, Talks Engagement: 'I'm Excited About the Future!'
- Stars at the 2015 SAG Awards
- More From ET