To honor the prolific career of Clint Eastwood,Turner Classic Movies will devote the day to him. On May 31, the network will give us 24 hours of Eastwood, including 'The Eastwood Factor,' a documentary that has previously only been available as part of the boxed set 'Clint Eastwood: 35 Films.'
These are three classic TV westerns that had significant long runs and big name stars. They'll be a nice addition to shows like Cheyenne and Maverick currently on the net, as well as the Roy Rogers and Gene Autry programmers that run through the day.
Well, AMC has come to the rescue! Besides putting great original shows like Mad Men and Breaking Bad on TV, AMC's web site is now streaming old B sci-fi, monster, biker, western, horror, comedy, and crime flicks.
Of course, every week is a great week to watch Turner Classic Movies. If you're not a regular viewer of TCM, you're really missing out.
But looking over their schedule for tomorrow, I noticed several movies are playing that you really must see, especially if you haven't seen them before. In fact, two of the movies are ones I haven't seen before myself, though I've always wanted to. Many of these movies aren't shown on TV that often, and when they are it's only on TCM, another reason to watch the channel regularly.
I'm not sure if that makes any sense to anyone who grew up outside of New England, but it's the battle cry of many an adult who was a kid between 1956 and 1976. It's from Boomtown, the classic kids show hosted by Rex Trailer on WBZ-TV. Brings back a lot of memories of sitting in my pajamas on Saturday and Sunday mornings, eating breakfast, watching the show. Kids went crazy on that show. I'm talking TRL crazy. I don't really remember Pablo, but I do remember Sgt. Billy.
Trailer is alive and still going strong! He's 78 and appears in parades and at special events, teaches at Emerson College, and has a video production company and television training center. He's currently on a "Rex Trailer 50th Anniversary Tour," and there was a film about him and his show released last year.
He has a web site, where you can not only buy a DVD for the show but also music, postcards, and posters of the reunion tour.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Exclusive Interview: Joel Courtney on What Makes CW's 'The Messengers' Different
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Race Turns Beastly in Africa
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 6.19 and 6.20 Photos: Damon, Elena and the Cure
- 'The Messengers' Premiere Recap: Angels Among Us
- 'Arrow': Our 10 Favorite Roy Harper Moments
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Last Man and Cristela Finales Tick Down, Messengers Opens Low
- Performer of the Week: Ming-Na Wen
- The Messengers: Do You Have Faith in The CW's New Supernatural Drama?
- American Idol: What Should the Top 6 Sing for 'Arena Anthems' Week?
- TVLine Items: Weeds Star Joins Preacher, Masters Kid Cast and More
- More From TVLine
- Doctors Call for Columbia University to Can Dr. Oz
- 'Anne of Green Gables' Actor Jonathan Crombie Dies at 48
- Ryan Reynolds Posts Adorable Throwback Pic
- Erin Andrews' NHL Player Boyfriend Arrested in Las Vegas
- Zayn Malik Thanks One Direction at Asian Awards: 'Four of the Best Guys I've Ever Met'
- More From ET