January 26, 2015
when a kid goes bad
by Joel Keller, posted Feb 11th 2010 11:40AM
(S01E15) If you want to see evidence of how much a show can change in its first season, look no further than this week's guest star, Barry Bostwick.
He's been among the Bill Lawrence Players for almost fifteen years now, since he was cast as Mayor Randall Winston on 'Spin City.' As Lawrence has said, that show so completely changed focus during its first season, from a romantic comedy to a workplace/government comedy, that the part of one of its stars, Carla Gugino, was cut halfway through that year.
Last night's episode really brought home the fact that in quick order 'Cougar Town' has become much more than what the show was supposed to be about when it debuted. The world surrounding Jules Cobb has now expanded to the point where we see where Andy works, we know Laurie's last name (Keller? Hope she's not related... ) and see enough mixing of characters to make us want to see more.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge' Recap: Nolan Helps Louise Take Down Her Mother
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Peter and Kordell Flirt with Claudia
- 2015 SAG Awards Live Blog: Complete List of Winners
- 'Downton Abbey' Recap: An Explosive Dinner Party and More Police Questions
- [Video] 'Supernatural' Preview: Charlie Is Back (and She's Bad)
- More From BuddyTV
- Reality Check: Debate Erupts Over American Idol's Week 3 Auditions! Plus — Advice for Randy's Replacement
- Revenge Recap: Is [Spoiler] Dead? Plus: Let's Discuss That Tragic Kiss
- Sons of Liberty: Was the Premiere of History's Miniseries Revolutionary?
- Downton Abbey Recap: Guess Who's Coming to (Ruin) Dinner
- Galavant: Two Takes on Season 1, Including the Mildly 'Meh' Finale
- More From TVLine
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus' Advice to Struggling Actors: 'Sleep Around'
- Are Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello Already Planning To Have Kids?
- Julia Roberts: People Were Nicer When I Was Starting Out in Hollywood
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Were The Cutest Couple At The 2015 SAG Awards
- SAG Awards 2015: The Best, the Worst and the Most Awkward Moments
- More From ET