September 2, 2015
when a kid goes bad
by Joel Keller, posted Feb 11th 2010 11:40AM
(S01E15) If you want to see evidence of how much a show can change in its first season, look no further than this week's guest star, Barry Bostwick.
He's been among the Bill Lawrence Players for almost fifteen years now, since he was cast as Mayor Randall Winston on 'Spin City.' As Lawrence has said, that show so completely changed focus during its first season, from a romantic comedy to a workplace/government comedy, that the part of one of its stars, Carla Gugino, was cut halfway through that year.
Last night's episode really brought home the fact that in quick order 'Cougar Town' has become much more than what the show was supposed to be about when it debuted. The world surrounding Jules Cobb has now expanded to the point where we see where Andy works, we know Laurie's last name (Keller? Hope she's not related... ) and see enough mixing of characters to make us want to see more.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Grey's Anatomy Boss Shonda Rhimes Reveals Reason for That McDreamy-Fueled One-Year Time Jump
- Dean Jones of Herbie, the Love Bug and Ensign O'Toole Fame, Dies at 84
- The 100 Season 3: Clarke Gets a (Grounder?!) Makeover
- More From TVLine
- Is Justin Bieber Sending a Message to Selena Gomez in 'What Do You Mean?' Video?
- Jennifer Aniston Looks Super Fit During an On-Set Workout and We Can't Even Handle It!
- This 2-Year-Old Playing Hide-and-Seek With a Gorilla Is Your Daily Dose of Adorableness
- Kate Gosselin Weighs in on Justin Bieber's Copycat Hair: 'He Can Have It'
- Avril Lavigne Announces Separation From Nickelback Frontman Chad Kroeger
- More From ET