when the levees broke
That's the Television Critics Association, the organization that represents over 200 TV critics nationwide and in Canada. They've revealed their nominees for their annual awards, and while a lot of the usual shows make the list, there are a few surprises as well. Some of that has to do with their choices, and some of it has to do with the categories they have and the way they nominate (for example, there aren't separate categories for "Best Performance in a Drama - Male" and "Best Performance in a Drama - Female," it's all under "Individual Achievement in Drama."
The list is after the jump.
Lee's documentary was four hours long and initially premiered to a New Orleans crowd before airing on HBO last August. The program was filled with news photos and video footage, and all sorts of interviews from celebrities and regular folk who recount their experience in the aftermath of Katrina. Ultimately, the federal government and the Army Corps of Engineers are blamed for the sub-par levees and the response to the disaster.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- 'Mistresses' Episode 2.9 Photos: Toni Has News for Dom
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 4: Cody's HoH Photos
- 15 Reasons to Attend Comic-Con with the Gang from 'The Big Bang Theory'
- 'Pretty Little Liars': 17 Moments of Drinking, Spying and Kissing from 'The Silence of E. Lamb'
- More From BuddyTV
- Game Night Preview: 'What People Help Their Necks to Be Not Cold'?
- Arrow Season 3: Scoop on Roy's New Role, Sara's Status, the Baby and More
- TVLine Items: CSI: Cyber Adds 'Fat Neil,' Top Model Moves and More
- Resurrection Casts Michelle Fairley as [Spoiler]'s 'Returned' Mother
- Scandal Books Portia de Rossi for a 'Top-Secret Arc'
- More From TVLine