who will win american idol
The 'American Idol' season nine finale is still a ways off, but I'm ready to start talking about who I think will win. I'm tempted to say that the judges missed the boat on some of the contestants who made it (or rather, didn't make it) into the Top 24, but that's not really fair. Sometimes a contestant will shine during the auditions and Hollywood Week, but once they get to the big stage, nerves or a lack of confidence take over, and it shows in the live performances.
If 'Idol' moves on to another season, I'd like to see more behind-the-scenes footage with the Top 12 -- more scenes of the music coaching, what the contestants go through making those all-important song choices, and what goes into the hair and wardrobe we see on stage. Future wish-list aside, follow me after the jump for more analysis on the remaining contestants, and my choice for the winner.
The dark horse surged ahead at the last minute to win it in a photo finish.
With almost 100 million votes tallied, Kris Allen defeated front-runner and judges' favorite Adam Lambert to become the 'American Idol' season 8 winner.
Click to read the full story!
My favorite thing about the Idol finale isn't the performances, but playing "Where's Waldo?" with the random B-list celebrities in attendance. My question is, why do some of them get their names closed captioned while others do not? And, who was the nitwit that mistakenly identified Tori Spelling as one of "Taylor's Family & Friends"?
I have to admit that I wasn't really excited about tonight...
I'll confess to this -- I did cry after watching Elliott's homecoming footage. I'm not the type of person who typically cries at a reality show montage, especially for one involving an Amish leprechaun (as one reader expertly described him.) But I'll fess up to crying tonight. I sniffled and thought, "man, it's going to be sad when he gets eliminated tonight." But then I shrugged my shoulders and remembered ... I don't like Elliott. Never have. But my tears were real, and not faux like Ryan's sexuality or Paula's boobs. I am slightly embarrassed that I broke down so easily. But hey, you gotta admit that seeing his mom choke up during Elliott's parade was a tear jerking Music/Variety/Game Show moment.
It was a good send off for a kid that nobody really thought would make it this far. (Oh, except Paula, of course.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Idol Judges on Season 14: J.Lo Wants Less Cruelty, Adam Lambert Seeks Artistry, Harry Flinches at 'Geek' Label
- Pilot Scoop: Zach Gilford to Crush on Jennifer Carpenter in USA's Stanistan
- TVLine Items: Gloria Steinem Meets Good Wife, AHS Adds Chloe King & More
- Vampire Diaries Season 6: Dramatic New Poster Pairs Elena With Stefan
- Arrow Season 3 Poster Highlights the Fortified Team Arrow
- More From TVLine
- Welcome to Your New Favorite Instagram Account: DILFs of Disneyland
- Did Beyonce Photoshop Her Thigh Gap Again?
- Nick Cannon Wears $2 Million Tom Ford Shoes on 'America's Got Talent' Finale
- Jennifer Garner's Strict Online Limits: 'I Don't Let My Kids on a Computer Without Me Right There'
- Chris Brown's 7 Most NSFW Lyrics on 'X'
- More From ET