September 2, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 26th 2010 1:05AM
(S04E16) "Whuck?!" - Liz's shortened version of "What the F**k?"
This was one of those episodes of '30 Rock' where the Jenna and Tracy plot (yes, they seem to have plots together 97% of the time) really dragged the show down. Every line seemed forced, every scene seemed to be filled with over the top wackiness, and the whole thing just felt like desperation filler, as if even the writers knew they're running out of ideas on how to get Jenna and Tracy and Kenneth into the plot. Even Kenneth recognized it and told Pete that he has problems with Jenna and Tracy so often he should come up with a word that means the same thing, "Trennapro."
That's funny and I'm sure '30 Rock' reviewers will use that word to describe a Jenna/Tracy plot, but the rest of it just made me sigh and cross my arms (except for a couple of lines Kenneth said telling his stories). I mean, I enjoyed the killer clown mask that Chris Parnell wore in the Dr. Pepper commercial at the end of the show. Why couldn't Dr. Spaceman have been one of the plots this week?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Mom Casts Sara Rue as [Spoiler]'s Girlfriend, Ed Asner as New Neighbor
- Gang Related Cut After One Season
- Supernatural Season 10 Poster Promises Demonic Struggles
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Vampire Diaries, Good Wife, S.H.I.E.L.D., Blacklist, SVU, Big Bang and More
- Suits Bad Boy Brendan Hines Fitted for a Recurring Role on CBS' Scorpion
- More From TVLine