April 24, 2014
by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 26th 2010 1:05AM
(S04E16) "Whuck?!" - Liz's shortened version of "What the F**k?"
This was one of those episodes of '30 Rock' where the Jenna and Tracy plot (yes, they seem to have plots together 97% of the time) really dragged the show down. Every line seemed forced, every scene seemed to be filled with over the top wackiness, and the whole thing just felt like desperation filler, as if even the writers knew they're running out of ideas on how to get Jenna and Tracy and Kenneth into the plot. Even Kenneth recognized it and told Pete that he has problems with Jenna and Tracy so often he should come up with a word that means the same thing, "Trennapro."
That's funny and I'm sure '30 Rock' reviewers will use that word to describe a Jenna/Tracy plot, but the rest of it just made me sigh and cross my arms (except for a couple of lines Kenneth said telling his stories). I mean, I enjoyed the killer clown mask that Chris Parnell wore in the Dr. Pepper commercial at the end of the show. Why couldn't Dr. Spaceman have been one of the plots this week?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- CBS' Bad Teacher: Did It Pass or Fail?
- American Idol Top 6 Results Recap: Maybe I Didn't Vote for You, Quite as Often as I Should Have
- Parks and Recreation Finale Recap: A Fresh Start
- Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on [Spoiler]'s Next Move, Bonnie's Lies, Tyler's Fate and More
- Exclusive Goldbergs Sneak Peek: Barry Translates Erica's Hysterical Blubbering
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber Released from Customs (VIDEO)
- Hang Ten with Hollywood's Best Surf Films
- Tori Spelling Acknowledges Her Cheating Past on 'True Tori'
- Bryan Singer Calls Underage Sex Abuse Allegations 'Vicious,' Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promo Events
- Exclusive: Listen To Classic Funk Band War's New Single Off First Album in 20 Years
- More From ET