william h macy
At least, that's what William H. Macy told Jimmy Fallon on 'Late Night' (Weeknights, 12:37AM ET on NBC).
If it's true -- and he says it's his story and he's sticking to it -- both the Cusacks and the Pivens lived nearby. So while he knew Jeremy Piven, it was at the Cusack household that he had more interactions.
"They would hire me to do light carpentry," he revealed, indicating that a set of shelves he built are still in that house.
Things are getting hot and heavy when there's a knock on the door. She stumbles upstairs; he answers the door, shirtless and panting.
It's the cops. They drag in a drunken man who has peed on himself. Who's the loser? Her father (William H. Macy).
The subscriber movie channel (known more these days for its original programming) has picked up the series 'Shameless' from 'ER' and 'The West Wing' producer John Wells. A remake of an award-winning British drama, 'Shameless' will star Macy as an alcoholic, blue-collar father of a large Chicago family. The twist...after his wife leaves him, he ends up handing the parenting of the clan over to his eldest daughter, who will be played by actress Emmy Rosum.
For Wells, the production of 'Shameless' will be a reunion of sorts. Not only will he be reunited with Macy, whom he worked with when the actor played Dr. David Morgenstern on 'ER,' but he'll also work with former 'The West Wing' colleague Allison Janey, who will have a recurring role as Macy's wife.
The show has been tied to NBC, with Woody Harrelson in consideration for the lead role of Frank Gallagher, and more recently at HBO. Now, finally, original creator Paul Abbott and John Wells Prod. have signed a deal to bring Shameless to Showtime with William H. Macy in the lead.
The quirky drama would focus on Macy's character, an upstanding citizen who also happens to be the leader of a group of burglars. The plot is revealed in "flash forward" mode with Macy's character, Todd Becker, imprisoned in the future. Along with his cohorts, Becker steals from major corporations and gives to charity. Ah, that's nice.
William H. Macy is set to star in the TNT series Family Man.
This is the third TNT project Macy has been involved with, having already co-written (with writing partner Steven Schachter) the Emmy-winning Door to Door and The Wool Cap.
Family Man, which Macy also wrote with Schachter, focuses on the life of a man who gives to charity but also steals from major corporations. According to Variety, the series is told in "flash forward" fashion in which we see Macy imprisoned in the future. Sounds like kind of a modern take on the Robin Hood story to me.
There's no word yet on when the series will air.
(S01E03) Writers are the most shameless, self-centered bastards in the world. We lie, we seduce, we'll steal your soul. Anything to look good on the page. -Sam Landry
I thought I had read every story from Nightmares and Dreamscapes, and I might have, but nothing about "Umney's Last Case" was familiar when I read it just recently. Nevertheless, it's not a bad story, and it's also very "meta" as the college kids like to say.
In the story, as in the TV adaptation, we begin in the 1930s where a grizzled private eye named Clyde Umney is leading a storybook life that he'll soon learn is more "storybook" than he realizes. He wields snappy dialogue with the precision of a trapeze artist, and always knows just what to say to get what he wants, at one point managing to turn two women to jelly in his office one after the other.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 5: Frankie's HoH Photos
- 'Chasing Life' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'The Last Ship' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Under the Dome' Episode 2.6 Photos: Barbie and Sam Explore a Mysterious Tunnel
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Top 14 Moments: Mama Bears and Creepy Guys from 'Scream for Me'
- More From BuddyTV
- Scoop: Warren Kole Is 'Following' Kevin Williamson to CBS' Stalker
- Nashville Books Laura Benanti for Season 3 — Will She Clash With Rayna?
- Supernatural Season 10: Who's the Mystery Returning Guest Star?
- Big Bang Theory Production Officially Postponed, as Actors Await New Deals
- Mystery Girls Embraces Its Campy Style With New Fashion-Centric Promo
- More From TVLine
- That Keith Urban Concert May Have Been Worse Than We Thought
- 'Big Bang Theory' On Hold While Cast Negotiates Contracts
- Taylor Swift on Playing ‘Emotionless' Girl in ‘The Giver'
- Justin Bieber Shows Orlando Bloom Crying
- Robert Pattinson Talks Kristen Stewart Cheating Scandal: 'S**t Happens'
- More From ET