According to Variety, the combination was passed with a 4-1 vote. Michael Copps, the Democratic commissioner, was the dissenting vote.
Concerns over the future of online video prompted Comcast to agree to conditions that aim to prevent anti-competitive harms.
"This is a proud and exciting day for Comcast," Brian Roberts, chairman and CEO of Comcast, said. "Our original vision for the combination remains intact so that consumers will benefit, and our competitors will be treated fairly."
In other TV news ...
• Syfy has renewed 'Sanctuary' for a 13-episode season 4. According to the network, filming starts this spring with an expected fall debut. [Syfy]
• The Brown family from TLC's 'Sister Wives' is on the move. The reality family has moved to Nevada to pursue new opportunities. [E! Online]
• 'Skins' debuted to 3.3. million viewers. A decent start, but nowhere near 'Jersey Shore' numbers. [Entertainment Weekly]
After bringing us the quirky death dramedy 'Dead Like Me,' and just before the resurrection dramedy 'Pushing Daisies,' Bryan Fuller co-created, along with Todd Holland ('Sons of Tucson'), another odd little show for FOX. 'Wonderfalls' premiered in March 2004; the tale of a young woman instructed by animal-shaped figurines to help people in need.
Much like his other shows, the whole atmosphere and presentation of 'Wonderfalls' was tailored to create a magical world just outside our own. Gritty realism certainly wasn't the goal.
Unfortunately, a serious lack of network patience led to 'Wonderfalls' getting canceled after airing only four critically acclaimed episodes out of thirteen produced. But those four hours left an indelible mark on the loyal viewers who did find it, and the series message of hope resonates as powerfully today as it did then.
Instead, we are left with what was a pretty entertaining hour of television, but one that suffered greatly from ten pounds of plot stuffed in a five pound bag, and the fact that so many of the questions that were brought up will never have an answer. Really, short of confirmation that the TV Squad readers correctly fingered Agent Chambers as Freed's man inside the FBI, they didn't really give us much at all in the way of answers.
(S01E07) I guess George Costanza was right about fugitive sex. This week, both Jay and Tyler took advantage of their fugitive status to get some action. I would have thought that the guys had better things to do in New York--clearing their names, finding the terrorists, etc. Then again, who am I to complain about scenes that feature a shirtless Matthew Bomer?
(S01E06) This week finds Jay and Tyler back in New York, Will trying to track down Maya's killer, and the FBI still a step behind as Marlow heads to Boston. It was a crazy, fast paced episode that gave a lot of answers, but there was also that nagging little question in the back of my head. Holy smokes, only two episodes left? Are they going to be able to wrap all of this up? We'll see, but for now, let's talk about "The Trader."
Traveler is a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Sure, the premise looked intriguing and I'm a sucker for conspiracy/good guys on the run shows, but I had this feeling that ABC pushed it to the summer for a reason and it might be one of those shows that worked better as a long miniseries than a multi-season thing.
But it's quite good, and if they can find a way to continue it that would be great (hey, Richard Kimble was on the run for several seasons). Creator David DiGilio has posted a note at the IMDB thanking fans for watching the show and giving a few hints on how you can let ABC know you want the show renewed.
DiGilio is also keeping a blog at TV Guide where he answers a lot of questions from viewers.
[thanks to Savan for the tip]
(S01E05) This week's episode shifted the focus away from Jay and Tyler's perspective to that of Will Traveler. After several weeks of watching the guys figure out how they were framed, it was time to learn more about the people behind the set-up. Neal McDonough still doesn't have a name, but we did get the name of someone who could be a bigger threat to Jay, Tyler, and even Will.
(S01E04) This week, Jay and Tyler made another stop on their Tour of Innocence: Deer Harbor, Maine. I like the pattern of having each episode feature a different location with a new set of clues. There really haven't been any weak episodes yet, which may be a good sign for the show's future.
(S01E03) I don't know that any of us can ever really understand the machinations that go into making the network schedule. After watching the first three episodes of Traveler though, I'm left scratching my head wondering just what it was that kept this one tucked away for so long. I'll give in where The Nine is concerned, because the pilot was very good. But how this one got passed over for Six Degrees, Men In Trees, and the collection of little sit-coms that couldn't is beyond me.
(S01E01 & S01E02) Ask and you shall receive, folks! TV Squad is officially covering ABC's Traveler. The show's third episode, "New Haven," airs this Wednesday, so it's time to play catch-up.The pilot episode and "The Retreat" provided a thorough look at all the key players and mysteries.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Postmortem: Co-Creators on [Spoiler's] Death, Team Hendrix's 'Suburban Madness' and More
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Everyone Wants the Original Samples
- '20/20' Highlights from the Bruce Jenner Interview
- 'Revenge': Victoria Grayson's 10 Fiercest Moments
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: Hot Tubs and Missing Shoes Confuse the Teams in Amsterdam
- More From BuddyTV
- Cecily Strong's Best Zingers From the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- Orphan Black Recap: Broken Boys
- Outlander Recap: Homecoming Sting
- NCIS: Los Angeles Sneak Peek: Deeks and Kensi Are Mistaken for [Spoiler]
- Revenge Goes Pink, The Goldbergs Find 'Somebody to Love' and More TV Tunes
- More From TVLine
- Bruce Jenner's Family Show Their Support on Social Media
- Star Sightings April 2015
- Internal Investigation Into Brian Williams Finds At Least 11 More Reporting 'Embellishments'
- Ariana Grande & Lea Michele Mess Around on 'Scream Queens' Set
- EXCLUSIVE: Bruce Jenner's Second Wife Linda Thompson Commends ABC Interview
- More From ET