I haven't seen an episode of The Flintstones in many years. It was one of my favorite TV shows as a kid, and I watched them as an adult, too, but it's just one of those shows that I haven't gone back to in the past five or ten years. I've been thinking about buying the season DVD sets (there are six seasons), but now it looks like I'm going to hold off on that because there's a complete series set coming later this year!
Warner is coming out with this cool-looking set that will house all six seasons in a special box that looks like a TV set (albeit one made of rocks with rock knobs). The DVDs themselves will slide into holders that are book-shaped and contain all of the info about what's on each DVD.
No word yet on extras, but the individual sets for each season contain extras such as rare, unseen footage, original storyboards, documentaries (including a guide to raising a child in the Stone Age), promo spots, and the original pilot (The Flagstones).
As I get older, though, I find one area of Creepyville the internet geeks have yet to explore: which animated housewife is the hottest! This being the internet, the only way to truly rectify the situation is to create a numbered list. I thus present to you my list of the seven hottest animated housewives...
That headline probably won't even make sense to many people. Boomerang? What the hell is that?
Boomerang is a cable network devoted to baby boomers. I don't get it on my cable system, though it certainly sounds like something I'd like to see if they have programming like this. The channel is going to show all 166 episodes of The Flintstones - in order and without commercials - starting on July 4. This is a show I've been meaning to buy on DVD. A lot of people thought it was lame for an animated series, but I didn't watch it for cool animation, it was really a sitcom in cartoon clothing and a lot of fun.
I wonder why they changed the name used in the pilot, The Flagstones? What made them say "let's get rid of the 'flag' and replace it with 'flint'?"
Ah, the good old days. When everyone could smoke and not get sick. You could sit on your dinosaur all day, breaking rocks, and then come home and sit around the yard smoking cigarettes with your best pal.
After the jump is a 1961 commercial for Winston cigarettes, starring Fred, Barney, Wilma, and Betty. Fred and Barney are just hanging out while the girls do all the yardwork and housework and decide to take a relaxing cigarette break. Not only are Wilma and Betty doing all the work, they also have no lines in the commercial.
Early cigarette ads interest me. Over at Adjab recently I posted a couple of ads that the Dick Van Dyke Show cast did in the 60s, on the set and as the characters of the show. This one is jarring because it's a cartoon (though an adult cartoon). This is probably what killed off the dinosaurs.
I also think it's weird that the cigarettes are bigger than Barney's head.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 15 Shocking Moments from 'Under the Dome' Season 2
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19: Week 2 Performance Rankings
- 'Faking It' Season 2 Premiere and Cast Photos
- 'Sleepy Hollow': 16 Shocking and Emotional Moments from the Season 2 Premiere
- 'Under the Dome' Season 2 Finale: 22 Shocking Moments from 'Go Now'
- More From BuddyTV
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Castle, Outlander, Bones, Grey's, Walking Dead, Chicago PD, Arrow and More
- It's Official: True Detective Season 2 to Star Vince Vaughn, Colin Farrell
- Cheers Vet Rhea Perlman Praises Her Mindy Project Arc: 'This Is Funny Stuff'
- Ratings: Gotham Cops Good Numbers But Sleepy Slips, Blacklist Returns Strong, Bang Still Very Big, Voice Drops
- Scandal Video: Would Fitz Risk It All For 'One Woman'? (Spoiler: Yes!)
- More From TVLine
- Exclusive: Audrey Shares Marriage Fears & Expectations on 'Little People, Big World'
- What Kind of Grandpa is Nicolas Cage? A 'Brilliant' One, Says Son Wes
- EXCLUSIVE: Is This Keith Urban's Raciest Music Video Yet? Behind the Scenes of 'Somewhere In My Car'
- Kendall Jenner Responds to Kris and Bruce's Divorce
- Michelle Duggar Breaks Down Over Jill's Wedding on '19 Kids'
- More From ET