October 14, 2015
by Brad Linder, posted Jul 18th 2008 9:04AM
As reported last week, Microsoft has been working on an update for Windows Media Center that adds support for international users and removes the restriction on the number of TV tuners you can use. The update, which has often been referred to by its codename, Fiji, has been veiled in secrecy. Now it looks like there's good news and bad news.
The good news is that Fiji has shipped. A Microsoft knowledge base article refers to a "Windows Media Center TV Pack," which was released on July 16th. The bad news is, the update was released to OEMs, not to end users. In other words, there's no way for you to download and install the update on your Windows Vista Home Premium or Ultimate computer. You'll have to wait until Microsoft either issues a wider release or until you purchase a new computer with the software preloaded.
[via Geek Tonic]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Quantico' Episode 6 Photos: The Recruits Practice Surveillance on Miranda and Her Son
- 'Bones' Episode 11.4 Photos: Will Brennan Feel Competitive with Betty White's Dr. Mayer Around?
- 'The Bastard Executioner' Recap: Will Jessamy Ruin Everything?
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Recap: Has Coulson Made a Deal with the Devil?
- 'iZombie' Recap: Do Major and Ravi Score Some Utopium?
- More From BuddyTV
- Chicago Fire Recap: In the Family Way
- Democratic Presidential Debate 2015: The 10 Best Moments
- The Voice Battle Rounds Recap: Gwen Stefani and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- Scream Queens Recap: The Red Devils' Boss Is (Possibly) Revealed
- S.H.I.E.L.D. Recap: Saved the Date!
- More From TVLine
- Lamar Odom Was in a 'Great Mood' Days Before He Was Found Unconscious, Says Brothel Owner
- Steve Carell Was Too Nervous to Ask His Wife on a Date
- 'Married at First Sight' Couples Enter Year Two of Marriage: Who's Still Going Strong?
- Lea Michele Explains Why Her Debut Album Failed, Leaves Door Open for 'Glee' Reboot
- Dick Van Dyke Reveals His Secrets to Staying Young at 89 - Ice Cream Included!
- More From ET