April 27, 2015
by Brad Linder, posted Jul 18th 2008 9:04AM
As reported last week, Microsoft has been working on an update for Windows Media Center that adds support for international users and removes the restriction on the number of TV tuners you can use. The update, which has often been referred to by its codename, Fiji, has been veiled in secrecy. Now it looks like there's good news and bad news.
The good news is that Fiji has shipped. A Microsoft knowledge base article refers to a "Windows Media Center TV Pack," which was released on July 16th. The bad news is, the update was released to OEMs, not to end users. In other words, there's no way for you to download and install the update on your Windows Vista Home Premium or Ultimate computer. You'll have to wait until Microsoft either issues a wider release or until you purchase a new computer with the software preloaded.
[via Geek Tonic]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time': 20 Moments of Emma and Regina's Road Trip From 'Lily'
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'High Sparrow'
- Bruce Jenner's Docuseries Gets Premiere Date, 'Kardashians' Stars Show Support
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.20 Photos: Will Klaus Make a Deal with Dahlia?
- 'Revenge' Recap: Death Doesn't Stop Victoria from Trying to Bring Down Amanda
- More From BuddyTV
- The Flash Photos: Metahumans Gone Wild! [Spoiler] Versus Reverse-Flash!
- Chicago Fire Scoop: Friday Night Lights Vet to Replace Mills as New Medic
- Ratings: Secrets and Lies Hits Series High, One Week Before Finale
- Vampire Diaries Wedding Photo: First Look at Jo and Alaric's Big Day
- Mike & Molly Video: Margo Martindale Returns to Get Peggy's Goat
- More From TVLine
- Bruce Jenner's Interview Outtakes: 'I'm Trying to Live with Myself'
- Reese Witherspoon, Sofia Vergara Adorably Lip Sync to Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus Songs
- Ellen DeGeneres and Matt Lauer Call a Truce on Their Prank War ...Sorta
- EXCLUSIVE! 'The Following' Sneak Peek: Joe Carroll's Execution Leaves Ryan Hardy on Edge
- Mariah Carey Disses Nick Cannon in New Break-Up Track? 'Boy You Actin' So Corny Like Fritos'
- More From ET