by Brad Linder, posted Jul 18th 2008 9:04AM
As reported last week, Microsoft has been working on an update for Windows Media Center that adds support for international users and removes the restriction on the number of TV tuners you can use. The update, which has often been referred to by its codename, Fiji, has been veiled in secrecy. Now it looks like there's good news and bad news.
The good news is that Fiji has shipped. A Microsoft knowledge base article refers to a "Windows Media Center TV Pack," which was released on July 16th. The bad news is, the update was released to OEMs, not to end users. In other words, there's no way for you to download and install the update on your Windows Vista Home Premium or Ultimate computer. You'll have to wait until Microsoft either issues a wider release or until you purchase a new computer with the software preloaded.
[via Geek Tonic]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Finale: 7 Burning Questions for Season 2
- 'Hannibal': 21 Creepy Moments from 'Trou Normand'
- 'The Glades' Season 4 Preview: The Proposal Cliffhanger, a Time Jump and Jim as a Step-Dad
- 'True Blood' Beginnings: Everything You Need to Know about Lafayette Reynolds
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 9 Premiere: 3 Tips to Being Prepared
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch: Season 3, episode 12 - 'Exit Strategy'
- 'Arrested Development' is a good 'Game of Thrones' replacement this weekend
- Jennifer Hudson will judge 'American Idol' in Season 13: Other alums expected
- 'Arrested Development' Season 4 clips include an ostrich, bees and more Bluth insanity
- TV ratings: 'Rookie Blue' premiere solid; 'Save Me' not so much
- More From Zap2it
- The TV Season in Review: Breaking Is Bad, Bloody Is Good and 17 Other Lessons Learned
- What to Watch: Your Guide to 35 Memorial Day Weekend Marathons and Specials!
- TVLine Items: Cult Returns to The CW, New True Blood Promo Declares War on Vamps and More!
- Where Was Nashville's Alien Invasion? Mad Men's Dopest Trip? Chicago Conundrum? And More Qs!
- Ratings: Hell's Kitchen Rises, Save Me Scores NBC Low, Hannibal Dips, Old Bang Tops Night
- More From TVLine