by Brad Linder, posted Jul 18th 2008 9:04AM
As reported last week, Microsoft has been working on an update for Windows Media Center that adds support for international users and removes the restriction on the number of TV tuners you can use. The update, which has often been referred to by its codename, Fiji, has been veiled in secrecy. Now it looks like there's good news and bad news.
The good news is that Fiji has shipped. A Microsoft knowledge base article refers to a "Windows Media Center TV Pack," which was released on July 16th. The bad news is, the update was released to OEMs, not to end users. In other words, there's no way for you to download and install the update on your Windows Vista Home Premium or Ultimate computer. You'll have to wait until Microsoft either issues a wider release or until you purchase a new computer with the software preloaded.
[via Geek Tonic]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Horror Story: Coven': Is Queenie Being Manipulated by False Racism?
- 'Arrow' Interview: Grant Gustin and EPs Discuss What it Took to Bring the Flash to Oliver's World
- Best 'Supernatural' Quotes from 'Holy Terror'
- 'Survivor': How to Get Along with Others in 10 Easy Steps
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Recap: Getting Out of Guns, For Good?
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The Bachelor': Meet Juan Pablo Galavis' 27 bachelorettes - who's missing?
- 'Kirstie' Alley: 'I didn't want my name in the title'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' - 'A Mother's Work' video: Juice and Tara are in trouble
- 'The Tomorrow People': The original John, Nicholas Young, on returning to the show
- TV ratings: 'The Voice' and NBC lead Tuesday, 'Originals' hits a series high
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive Nashville Video: Juliette-Layla Battle Rages, Classic Hayden Panettierre Snark Follows
- Ratings: Voice, Dads and Fire Rise, The Originals and Supernatural Enter Break on a High Note
- Netflix Sets House of Cards Season 2 Premiere
- Mentalist Exclusive: Jane Scores a Date With….
- Exclusive White Collar Video: Peter Questions Neal's Whereabouts — Plus: Who Has Ex Issues?
- More From TVLine