December 22, 2014
by Brad Linder, posted Jul 18th 2008 9:04AM
As reported last week, Microsoft has been working on an update for Windows Media Center that adds support for international users and removes the restriction on the number of TV tuners you can use. The update, which has often been referred to by its codename, Fiji, has been veiled in secrecy. Now it looks like there's good news and bad news.
The good news is that Fiji has shipped. A Microsoft knowledge base article refers to a "Windows Media Center TV Pack," which was released on July 16th. The bad news is, the update was released to OEMs, not to end users. In other words, there's no way for you to download and install the update on your Windows Vista Home Premium or Ultimate computer. You'll have to wait until Microsoft either issues a wider release or until you purchase a new computer with the software preloaded.
[via Geek Tonic]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor' Star Chris Soules and Other Stars from the Franchise to Grace Rose Parade
- 'Kardashians' Star Khloe Kardashian Denies She Kicked Out Her Brother Rob Out of Her House
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Recap: Does Phaedra Fall for Apollo's Stunt?
- 'Glee' Episodes 6.3 and 6.4 Photos: A Love Triangle for Kurt
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: The Sound of Music Dips, Sunday Night Football Drops
- Pretty Little Liars Sneak Peek: Is This Emily and Paige's Last Goodbye?
- The Affair Season Finale Recap: They Can't Handle the Truth
- Homeland Finale Recap: Mother Lode
- Quotes of the Week: The 100, NCIS: LA, Vanderpump, Freak Show and More
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Mark Ruffalo Shares Advice to His Younger Self
- How Stacy Keibler Got Her Abs Back Four Months After Giving Birth
- Jill (Duggar) Dillard Celebrates 6-Month Anniversary with Wedding Kiss Pics
- Hackers Threaten to Release Iggy Azalea's Alleged Sex Tape
- Kelly Clarkson Performs 'Silent Night' with Trisha Yearwood and Reba McEntire
- More From ET