Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow. It's a complete series extravaganza!
- The Andy Williams Show - Best Of
- The Bob Hope Show - The Ultimate Collection
- The Captain and Tennille - TV Specials
- The Colbert Report - Best Of
- The Cosby Show - Season 5 and 6
- Doctor Who - Series 3, Story #123 and 124
- Flight of the Conchords - Season 1
- Full House - Complete Series and Season 8
- Gilligan's Island - Complete Series
- House of Venus - Season 1
- King of Queens - Complete Series
- Martin - Season 3
- McLeod's Daughters - Season 4
- The Munsters - Scary Little Christmas
- The Pink Panther Show - A Pink Christmas
- Project Runway - Season 3
- Seinfeld - Complete Series and Season 9
- Sesame Street - Old School Vol. 2
- The Tonight Show - Heeere's Johnny: The Definitive DVD Collection
- Wildfire - Season 2
- Wings - Season 5
- Wonder Woman - Complete Collection
- The X-Files - Complete Collection Edition
Steven Weber's a really good actor, and NBC must like him a lot. He's going to star in a new sitcom for the network called Zip.
The comedy is about a guy named Trip Stringer (only on TV can someone have a name like that) who is broke and lives in Beverly Hills and always tries to come up with get rich quick schemes with the help of friends. Hopefully this won't be another Knights of Prosperity.
Poor Tim Daly. Ever since Wings ended back in 1997 he hasn't had much luck in the television world. Sure, he's had a number of successful guest appearances, and he did have a good run as the voice of Clark Kent/Superman on the WB's Superman: The Animated Series, but those don't really count. Where his luck has been failing is on series where he has had a leading role.
It's not like the shows themselves were bad. Quite the contrary, all three shows that Daly starred in were decent critical successes. In addition, Tim himself was credited by professional and fan alike as having a strong performance in all these shows. The problem was either the fan base wasn't strong enough to keep the shows on the air or the networks just decided they had a more successful show to fill the spot.
Here are the new TV DVDs, in stores tomorrow.
- American Dad - Vol. 2
- Banacek - Season 1
- Coach - Season 2
- Curious George - Rocket Ride and Other Adventures
- ER - Season 7
- Frasier - Season 9
- Home Improvement - Season 6
- M*A*S*H - Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen
- Martin - Season 2
- Masters of Horror - Right To Die
- Monarch of the Glen - Series 6
- Playboy After Dark - Collection 2
- A Pup Named Scooby-Doo - Vol. 6
- The Rockford Files - Season 4
- Tom and Jerry - Tex Avery's Droopy: The Complete Theatrical Collection
- Tom and Jerry Tales - Vol. 2
- The War At Home - Season 1
- Wings - Season 4
Series creator Shonda Rhimes is reportedly planning a spinoff to Grey's Anatomy, starring Kate Walsh, whose character Addison Shepherd is about to leave Seattle Grace Hospital. The spingboard episode is set to air in May.
Paul Adelstein, formerly of Prison Break, is also set to co-star in the two-hour episode though his role is not clear. There will also be a female psychiatrist and a female fertility specialist in the springboard episode and (presumably) the spinoff.
When NBC announced their new Thursday night schedule, a lot of people (including NBC) started to say that this was "Must-See TV" all over again. And not only does Newsday's Verne Gay agree, he thinks that the new schedule is better than the old one.
What do you think? There were many different "Must-See" Thursday night schedules on NBC over the years, so we could pick and choose. Some had Frasier, some had Wings, some had Mad About You. But let's make it an even 10 years ago. The 1996 "Must-See" Thursday night schedule was Friends at 8, The Single Guy at 8:30, Seinfeld at 9, Suddenly Susan at 9:30, and ER at 10. The schedule now is My Name Is Earl at 8, The Office at 8:30, Scrubs at 9, 30 Rock at 9:30, and ER at 10.
- The Addams Family - Vol. 1
- Batman Beyond - Season 2
- Beavis and Butthead - Gift Set
- Bewitched - Season 4 (color)
- Degrassi: TNG - Season 4
- The Facts of Life - Season 3
- Greg the Bunny - Best of Film Parodies
- Hannah Montana - Vol. 1 Livin' The Rock Star Life
- Justice League - Unlimited Season 1
- The L Word - Season 3
- Little House on the Prairie - The Movies
- MacGyver - Season 7
- Monarch of the Glen - Series 5
- Nightmares and Dreamscapes - Complete Series
- The O.C. - Season 3
- Sabrina and the Groovy Ghoulies - Saturday Mourning Collection
- Saturday Night Live - Best of TV Funhouse
- SCTV - Best of the Early Years
- Sesame Street - Old School: Vol. 1, 1969-74
- Slings and Arrows - Season 2
- The Swan - Complete Series
- That's My Bush - That's My Bush
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea - Season 2, Vol. 1
- Wings - Season 3
- The 4400 - Season 2
- Boston Legal - The Complete 1st Season
- The Bugaloos - The Complete Series
- The Closer - The Complete 1st Season
- Deadwood - Season 2
- The Dog Whisperer - Season 1
- Egypt - Egypt: Rediscovering A Lost World
- EZ Streets
- The Face of Tutankhamun - King Tut: The Face Of Tutankhamun
- The Fairly Oddparents - Fairy Idol
- Jim Henson's The Storyteller - Storyteller Collection
- Little Britain - The Complete 2nd Series
- M*A*S*H - Season 10
- Animated All Stars
- Brilliant But Cancelled: Crime Dramas
- Redwall - Season 2
- Samurai Jack - Season 3
- Saturday Night Live - Best Of Cheri Oteri; Best Of Commercial Parodies
- Wings - Seasons 1 & 2
- X-Men: Evolution - The Complete 3rd Season
- American Idol castoff Elliott Yamin says he's "the opposite of bitter." Would that be sour? Sweet? Extra spicy?
- Speaking of Idol, Ken Tucker writes about why it's "the only show that really matters." Ken really needs to watch more television.
- More behind the scenes secrets from the set of Lost.
- Conan O'Brien is going to host The Emmys again.
- DVD reviews: they give the Wings first and second season DVD a B, while the second season set of Deadwood gets an A and the first season set of Boston Legal gets an A-.
2. ABC, Friday nights, 1970s: The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family. Yeah, that's right, The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family! You got a problem with that? My sister and I would go down to the corner store and stock up on candy, chips, and ice cream, and then race home to watch Marcia get hit in the nose with a football. Good times.
- TV Barn's Aaron Barnhart thinks that product placements on television have jumped the shark.
- Every year, TeeVee.org creates an elaborate April Fool's web site. This year it's the TeeVeePedia!
- Ken Levine describes his first directing gig, on a Wings episode in the mid 90s. (Side note: I was an extra on a Wings episode several episodes before this and I probably met Ken. Life is funny.)
- Did you know that Survivor's Shane is an actor?
He was just added to an ensemble cast of an ABC drama called Nine Lives, about nine people whose lives collide when they are all part of a botched bank robbery. Daly is a terrific comedic actor, but his IMDB bio shows he has quite an extensive acting resume in dramatic roles. Co-stars include Dana Davis (aka Cora Briggs on Veronica Mars) and Scott Wolf (Party of Five).
1. Bruce Campbell: The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. was one of the great short-lived shows of all-time. A really entertaining mix of western and science fiction, with a perfect star. Campbell later had roles in Ellen and Jack of All Trades, but it's been a while. I can picture him in a clever private eye type show, or maybe a smart comedy. Whatever is, he should be back on TV (and I don't mean those Sci-Fi Channel flicks...)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.17 Photos: Tony's Dad Offers His Expertise to the Team
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Girls Performance Rankings
- NBC Sets Summer 2015 Premiere Dates with 'Hannibal,' 'America's Got Talent' and More
- First Look at 'Supergirl' Costume for CBS
- 4 Reasons to Binge-Watch Netflix's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt'
- More From BuddyTV
- Pilot Scoop: Melanie Griffith Lands 'Queenly' Role on ABC Comedy
- Happyish: Showtime Series' Trailer Has Harsh Words for a Founding Father
- Pretty Little Liars Season Finale Photos: Rosewood Braces for the Big 'A' Reveal
- Jane the Virgin's Justin Baldoni on the Big Proposal, Losing to Team Michael
- Hannibal Season 3 Premiere Date Set
- More From TVLine
- 3 Fresh Hairstyles to Try for Spring!
- Did Aaron Carter Just Call Out Hilary Duff on Twitter?
- ‘Looking' Love Triangle: Find Out the Fate of Your Favorite Couples!
- 'X-Men' Star James Marsden's Advice to Young Cyclops Tye Sheridan
- EXCLUSIVE! Norman Reedus Spills on Daryl's 'Wild Animal Mode' on 'The Walking Dead'
- More From ET