"Where did you see pizza like this?" Puck asked incredulously, while spooning off an unnerving amount of greenish liquid from the middle of the blue team's pizza. "I mean, if you go to Italy, they arrest you for this, you know that?"
"This is not really a risotto," Puck exclaimed after tasting Jyll's latest dish during the episode, 'Dinner Party for Wolfgang Puck.' Puck made good on his promise to teach Jill how to make a "real risotto" by escorting her to the kitchen and showing her how to properly prepare the dish, step-by-step.
(S06E01) The producers of Top Chef must have listened to the criticism from the last edition of the show, the one set in New York with the contestants housed in Brooklyn. Despite being in perhaps the most exciting culinary city in the world, TC-NY was pedestrian. Well, Top Chef season six, is in Las Vegas and judging by the premiere, the stakes -- as they said a few times -- have been set very high. The round-up of players was filled with James Beard awardees, Michelin star cooks, people who have restaurants already... and a couple of others who have something to prove.
Top Chef Las Vegas will premiere on August 26. According to the press release, we're going to see a lot of stars in this season too (only not as contestants, of course), including Penn & Teller, Todd English, Natalie Portman, Wolfgang Puck, Charlie Palmer, Daniel Bouland, and Nigella Lawson. Padma Lakshmi will be back as host, along with judges Tom Colicchio, Gail Simmons, and Toby Young (who a lot of fans don't seem to like that much, at least in his role here).
This could be a very fun season, considering what Las Vegas is like (as famous now for its restaurants as its gambling).
Therefore, you better believe that all that exposure on Food Network, Bravo, Travel Channel, Fine Living, BBC America, and Fox -- not to mention syndication and appearances on talk shows and demonstrations on the Today Show -- makes a big difference.
Rather than have to handicap Ray's game, the Chairman will be pairing up both ladies with one of the Iron Chefs. De Laurentiis with Bobby Flay. Ray with Mario Batali.
Alright, the Chairman is actually doing all the fancy pairing because the Food Network told him to, but Ray would get trounced otherwise. Nothing against Miss 30-Minute Meals, but De Laurentiis has some serious skills care of Paris' Le Cordon Bleu and Wolfgang Puck.
Here's hoping the secret ingredient is the tears of failed homemakers.
Oh man, I've been patiently twiddling my thumbs for the last 3 hours until the finale aired on the West Coast, so I could finally post this. Taylor Hicks is our new American Idol, and I couldn't be happier. Well, I could be (sigh...Chris). But if I can't have Chris, then I'm happy with the Silver Fox. (I hate that nickname by the way. It makes me feel like I've got a crush on an old man. What's the opposite of being a pedophile? Is there a word for that? 'Cause I might have it.) They really took it down to the last minute too. I was biting my nails at 1 hour and 59 minutes, worried that my TiVo was about to pop up with the dreaded "Erase Now? or Save?" quandary. I felt like I was Mr. Eko on Lost, watching that damn clock. But right at the final seconds, Ryan said Taylor's name. Yes! The crazy windmill-dancing bastard pulled it off! I understand why Taylor's dad was crying, but why was David Hasselhoff?
Celebrity Cooking Showdown has been a disaster for NBC, with the show coming in fifth last night, only ahead of One Tree Hill.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 12: Top 18 Performance Rankings
- The Final Rose: Kaitlyn and Shawn's Fairytale Journey on 'The Bachelorette'
- Best 'Pretty Little Liars' Quotes from 'FrAmed'
- 'MasterChef' Interview: Prowling the Kitchen with Stephen Lee
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 11 Finale Photos: Kaitlyn Says Yes!
- More From BuddyTV
- John Legend Replaces Kanye West as Underground's Music Supervisor
- Unauthorized Full House Story: First Clip Pits 'Stamos' Against the Twins
- Jason Sudeikis Fronts Semi-Animated Fox Pilot From Lego Movie Duo
- Scream Renewed for Season 2
- More From TVLine
- Lori Loughlin Celebrates Her 51st Birthday on the 'Fuller House' Set
- Earl the Grumpy Puppy Makes Grumpy Cat Look Like An Optimistic Ball of Sunshine
- Streaming in August: Billy Eichner's Scripted Series, ‘Birdman' & 4 More Top Picks
- Sarah Michelle Gellar's Daughter Has Her 'Buffy' Skills! See Charlotte's 'Bully Proof' Moves!
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe and Fiance Shawn Booth Just Can't Stop With the Intense PDA
- More From ET