"Where did you see pizza like this?" Puck asked incredulously, while spooning off an unnerving amount of greenish liquid from the middle of the blue team's pizza. "I mean, if you go to Italy, they arrest you for this, you know that?"
"This is not really a risotto," Puck exclaimed after tasting Jyll's latest dish during the episode, 'Dinner Party for Wolfgang Puck.' Puck made good on his promise to teach Jill how to make a "real risotto" by escorting her to the kitchen and showing her how to properly prepare the dish, step-by-step.
(S06E01) The producers of Top Chef must have listened to the criticism from the last edition of the show, the one set in New York with the contestants housed in Brooklyn. Despite being in perhaps the most exciting culinary city in the world, TC-NY was pedestrian. Well, Top Chef season six, is in Las Vegas and judging by the premiere, the stakes -- as they said a few times -- have been set very high. The round-up of players was filled with James Beard awardees, Michelin star cooks, people who have restaurants already... and a couple of others who have something to prove.
Top Chef Las Vegas will premiere on August 26. According to the press release, we're going to see a lot of stars in this season too (only not as contestants, of course), including Penn & Teller, Todd English, Natalie Portman, Wolfgang Puck, Charlie Palmer, Daniel Bouland, and Nigella Lawson. Padma Lakshmi will be back as host, along with judges Tom Colicchio, Gail Simmons, and Toby Young (who a lot of fans don't seem to like that much, at least in his role here).
This could be a very fun season, considering what Las Vegas is like (as famous now for its restaurants as its gambling).
Therefore, you better believe that all that exposure on Food Network, Bravo, Travel Channel, Fine Living, BBC America, and Fox -- not to mention syndication and appearances on talk shows and demonstrations on the Today Show -- makes a big difference.
Rather than have to handicap Ray's game, the Chairman will be pairing up both ladies with one of the Iron Chefs. De Laurentiis with Bobby Flay. Ray with Mario Batali.
Alright, the Chairman is actually doing all the fancy pairing because the Food Network told him to, but Ray would get trounced otherwise. Nothing against Miss 30-Minute Meals, but De Laurentiis has some serious skills care of Paris' Le Cordon Bleu and Wolfgang Puck.
Here's hoping the secret ingredient is the tears of failed homemakers.
Oh man, I've been patiently twiddling my thumbs for the last 3 hours until the finale aired on the West Coast, so I could finally post this. Taylor Hicks is our new American Idol, and I couldn't be happier. Well, I could be (sigh...Chris). But if I can't have Chris, then I'm happy with the Silver Fox. (I hate that nickname by the way. It makes me feel like I've got a crush on an old man. What's the opposite of being a pedophile? Is there a word for that? 'Cause I might have it.) They really took it down to the last minute too. I was biting my nails at 1 hour and 59 minutes, worried that my TiVo was about to pop up with the dreaded "Erase Now? or Save?" quandary. I felt like I was Mr. Eko on Lost, watching that damn clock. But right at the final seconds, Ryan said Taylor's name. Yes! The crazy windmill-dancing bastard pulled it off! I understand why Taylor's dad was crying, but why was David Hasselhoff?
Celebrity Cooking Showdown has been a disaster for NBC, with the show coming in fifth last night, only ahead of One Tree Hill.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Better Call Saul': 11 Foreshadowing Moments to 'Breaking Bad' You Probably Missed
- 'Supernatural' Episode 10.18 Photos: Charlie Finds the Book of the Dead
- The 11 Best Moments from 'Comedy Central's Roast of Justin Bieber'
- 'The Following': 15 Creepy Moments from 'Reunion'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20: Latin Night Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Bloodline Renewed for Season 2
- Mysteries of Laura: Police Academy's Steve Guttenberg to the Rescue?
- Charlotte Ross On Her Warm Arrow Welcome ('I've Never Seen Anything Like It'), Helping Felicity Choose
- House of Lies Renewed for Season 5
- American Idol: Advice, Caveats and Dream Set Lists for the Season 14 Top 9
- More From TVLine
- EXCLUSIVE: Zayn Malik's So-Called Solo Track Is Actually an Old One Direction Demo
- Comedy Central Defends New 'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah: Don't Judge Him By His Tweets
- Michelle Williams on Girl Talk With Beyonce and Kelly, and Which Pop Reunion She Wants to See
- There Was a 'One Tree Hill' Reunion But the Best Characters Weren't Even There
- Disney Making A Live Action 'Mulan:' But Here Are 6 Disney Classics We Don't Want To See Live Action
- More From ET