But Zan and Jayna nerding up the joint? Sounds like fun to me.
Being a fan of the veteran superhero series, I'm not embarrassed to say that I'm looking forward to seeing the live-action Twins bump fists this Friday. (I wouldn't even mind a cameo from everybody's favorite blue monkey, Gleek, but sadly I don't think that's in the cards.)
You remember The Wonder Twins, Zan and Jayna, right? They were on The Super Friends and could turn into anything in the world just by touching their hands together. They would say things like "Form of...a tampon!" and then they would change into a tampon. This could also be used to turn into animals, various food products, and inanimate objects like hammers and shoes. They'll be played by Warehouse 13's Allison Scagliotti and 7th Heaven's David Gallagher.
So ... is this a good idea or just ridiculous?
Even when I was a little kid, there were some things about the Super Friends (or Superfriends or Superamigos, or whatever they were calling it) that didn't sit right with me. Maybe it was because the confluence of superpowers all in one place just boggled my young mind. Maybe it was the mysterious change from Wendy and Marvin to the Wonder Twins that made me scratch my tiny noggin. Not sure. But those mysteries continue to fascinate me, even into adulthood. It's just that those mysteries are more sophisticated:
1. How did the Super Friends have time to hang out at the Hall of Justice? Every one of the SFs lived in different parts of the country: Batman and Robin were in Gotham City, for instance. So, did B&R commute from Gotham to Metropolis a few times per week? Did they use the Bat Plane or the Batmobile most of the time? Did they claim the mileage on their taxes?
Here's some cool animation stuff I found over the past week or so:
Cartoon Brew has a lot of cool stuff, so I'll start there first. First of all, Jerry Beck has a new book, The Hanna Barbera Treasury. The book will focus mostly on the Hanna Barbera series created in the '50s and '60s. It comes out in October.
Also via the Brew comes this documentary about the life and work of animator Tex Avery, the man who was arguably the one most responsible for putting the "looney" in "Looney Tunes," and later brought that same magic to MGM. The doc is from 1988 and is split into several parts.
Welcome to TV Squad Lists (formerly 'The Five'), a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
In honor of my own twins, Jason and Victoria, who turned the Big One on April Fool's Day (no fooling), here's a not-so-comprehensive list of television's most famous twins.
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen -- Oh please, like they wouldn't be at the top of this list! I can't remember a set of television twins who went on to become such huge media moguls. You scoff at me? Well, when is the last time you heard about Christopher and Clayton Griggs, who portrayed Nelson Tibideaux, son to Sondra and Elvin, on The Cosby Show? I rest my case. Anyhowsit, due to some savvy investing and product placement, these two girls are worth something like a kazillion dollars (ballpark estimate -- I lost count after a jazillion). Now, if they could only stay out of the tabloids for five minutes to enjoy all of their success.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Summer Projects: What Are Your Favorite TV Stars Up To?
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 6?
- 'The 100' Season 3 Interview: Eliza Taylor Teases Clarke's 'Going to Be Losing Her Mind'
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 16?
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: American Crime Plot Scoop, Transparent Return Date & More
- CSI Finale Photos: Marg Helgenberger Shares 'Grillows' Reunion and More
- Sleepy Hollow Season 3: Hasta la Vista, Headless!
- Scoop: Carla Gugino Joins Showtime's Cameron Crowe Pilot Roadies, Replacing Christina Hendricks
- Legends of Tomorrow Casts Reckless Actor as Hawkman
- More From TVLine
- Blake Shelton Keeps Humor Amid Divorce Drama: 'It's Been One of Those Weeks'
- Nearly Naked Rihanna Takes Over Kadooment Day Parade With Best Costume Yet
- Will Smith Shuts Down Jada Pinkett Smith Divorce Rumors: 'I'll Tell You Myself!'
- Reba McEntire Announces Separation From Husband Narvel Blackstock
- Beyonce Sparks More Pregnancy Rumors as She Covers Her Stomach in Flowy Dress
- More From ET