But Zan and Jayna nerding up the joint? Sounds like fun to me.
Being a fan of the veteran superhero series, I'm not embarrassed to say that I'm looking forward to seeing the live-action Twins bump fists this Friday. (I wouldn't even mind a cameo from everybody's favorite blue monkey, Gleek, but sadly I don't think that's in the cards.)
You remember The Wonder Twins, Zan and Jayna, right? They were on The Super Friends and could turn into anything in the world just by touching their hands together. They would say things like "Form of...a tampon!" and then they would change into a tampon. This could also be used to turn into animals, various food products, and inanimate objects like hammers and shoes. They'll be played by Warehouse 13's Allison Scagliotti and 7th Heaven's David Gallagher.
So ... is this a good idea or just ridiculous?
Even when I was a little kid, there were some things about the Super Friends (or Superfriends or Superamigos, or whatever they were calling it) that didn't sit right with me. Maybe it was because the confluence of superpowers all in one place just boggled my young mind. Maybe it was the mysterious change from Wendy and Marvin to the Wonder Twins that made me scratch my tiny noggin. Not sure. But those mysteries continue to fascinate me, even into adulthood. It's just that those mysteries are more sophisticated:
1. How did the Super Friends have time to hang out at the Hall of Justice? Every one of the SFs lived in different parts of the country: Batman and Robin were in Gotham City, for instance. So, did B&R commute from Gotham to Metropolis a few times per week? Did they use the Bat Plane or the Batmobile most of the time? Did they claim the mileage on their taxes?
Here's some cool animation stuff I found over the past week or so:
Cartoon Brew has a lot of cool stuff, so I'll start there first. First of all, Jerry Beck has a new book, The Hanna Barbera Treasury. The book will focus mostly on the Hanna Barbera series created in the '50s and '60s. It comes out in October.
Also via the Brew comes this documentary about the life and work of animator Tex Avery, the man who was arguably the one most responsible for putting the "looney" in "Looney Tunes," and later brought that same magic to MGM. The doc is from 1988 and is split into several parts.
Welcome to TV Squad Lists (formerly 'The Five'), a feature where each blogger has a chance to list his or her own rundown of things in television that stand out from the rest, both good and bad.
In honor of my own twins, Jason and Victoria, who turned the Big One on April Fool's Day (no fooling), here's a not-so-comprehensive list of television's most famous twins.
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen -- Oh please, like they wouldn't be at the top of this list! I can't remember a set of television twins who went on to become such huge media moguls. You scoff at me? Well, when is the last time you heard about Christopher and Clayton Griggs, who portrayed Nelson Tibideaux, son to Sondra and Elvin, on The Cosby Show? I rest my case. Anyhowsit, due to some savvy investing and product placement, these two girls are worth something like a kazillion dollars (ballpark estimate -- I lost count after a jazillion). Now, if they could only stay out of the tabloids for five minutes to enjoy all of their success.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Mixtape, Parenthood Edition: Your Fave Songs From All 6 Seasons
- Ratings: Shark Tank Slips, Dixie Drops, CBS and NBC Dramas Tick Down
- Pilots: CBS Adds David Shore/Bryan Cranston Drama, James Patterson Riff
- Pilots: ABC Orders Comedies About Johnny Knoxville, NBA Odd Couple, Genius Kids, Plus 4 Others
- Ground Floor Cancelled at TBS
- More From TVLine
- See the Time That Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Met President Obama
- Your Exclusive Puppy Bowl XI Preview: Live Scoring, Katty Furry & More
- Heidi Montag's Father Arrested on Child Sex Abuse Charges
- Zac Efron's Baby Photo Is the Most Adorable Thing Ever
- Stars Hit the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- More From ET