The bad news? Summer's almost over and it's nearly time for school again.
The good news? We've got just the thing to ease you into back-to-school mode: Our countdown of TV's 21 best school shows ever.
So sharpen your No. 2 pencil and dive in to see which series just make the grade and which ones are at the top of the class.
All in all, I'm getting hooked on Swingtown. It's a soap, no doubt about that. Being in 1976 is a time and a place and a specific social setting, but ultimately this show is about these characters and their intertwined lives. It's a serialized drama and rather addictive. More about the show after the jump, including all the happenings from tonight's show.
I'm a bit late with this, so forgive me, but it's still worth mentioning.
The podcast Just My Show recently interviewed Marion Ross of Happy Days and Dan Lauria of The Wonder Years.
The interviewer is no Jesse Thorn, and he doesn't so much ask questions as just mention items from the interviewees past and ask for comments, but it's still a pleasure to hear these two TV parents talk about their roles.
Henry and Matt at Brohans.com have compiled what they are absolutely, positively sure are the twenty greatest '80s television series ever. They are:
- Mr. Belvedere
- The Dukes of Hazzard
- Knight Rider
- Night Court
- Perfect Strangers
- The Golden Girls
- Growing Pains
- Married ... with Children
- Who's the Boss?
- Magnum P.I.
- Doogie Howser, M.D.
- The Cosby Show
- The A-Team
- Miami Vice
- The Wonder Years
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Over at TV Barn, Aaron Barnhart has a few things to say about Katie Couric and CBS' coverage of the death of President Ford.
- More great stuff from Ken Levine, including one of his scripts from The Simpsons and some tips on pitching a pilot.
- Whatever happened to the girls from The Wonder Years?
- Have you ever thought to yourself, "gee, that Diagnosis: Murder theme would be great if it had lyrics?" Here it is.
- Have you ever checked out BuddyTV? Cool site.
- And here's a picture of Ryan Seacrest grabbing a giant ball.
Fred Savage, formerly of the short-lived show Crumbs and the classic The Wonder Years, is going to be a father. His wife, Jennifer Stone Savage, is pregnant and due in August.
Savage is 29 years old. This is the first child for the couple.
Bob talked last month about Fred Savage's new show, Crumbs, which debuts tomorrow night at 9:30EST on ABC. Bob didn't have a lot of info on the show at that time, but thanks to a great interview with Savage over on CNN, we now have more Fredtabulous scoop for you. Crumbs is a show about a dysfunctional family (I know, shocking to have a dysfunctional family in a sitcom, but bear with me). Jane Curtin plays the mom, who just got released from the mental hospital. Dad (William Devane) is expecting a baby with his girlfriend. One son is dead, one (Eddie McClintock) stuck around to run the family restaurant, and the third (Savage) is a gay prodigal son returning home from a failed Hollywood career.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.19 Photos: What New Secrets Will Victoria Uncover?
- 'Scandal' Episode 4.18 Photos: OPA Helps a Congressman's Father
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale: 22 Moments of Despair and a Bit of Hope from 'Conquer'
- 'Once Upon a Time': 20 Key Moments to Freeing the Author in 'Best Laid Plans'
- 'The Daily Show' Announces Trevor Noah as New Host
- More From BuddyTV
- Arrow/Flash Spinoff Swoops In and Casts Pippin Star as Hawkgirl
- Finding Carter Stars Tease Lori's Plan, Crash's Return & More Season 2 Twists
- Forever Sneak Peek: Jo Gets Punk'd During Her Date With Isaac
- Dancing With the Stars: We Ranked the 20 Casts, From Worst to Best!
- American Idol: Kelly Clarkson Week Song Spoilers Revealed!
- More From TVLine
- Years & Years (Our New Obsession) Have Some Amazing Celebrity Crushes
- Fifth Harmony on Zayn Malik Leaving One Direction: 'It's The End Of An Era'
- Ringo Starr Talks Zayn Malik Leaving One Direction: 'The Pressure Is More Now'
- Here's How Much Leonardo DiCaprio, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Lawrence and More Make To Star in a Movie
- Kylie Jenner Posts Her Raciest Bikini Pictures Yet
- More From ET