(S08E12) Well, after the past couple of shows -- especially Monk's reunion with Sharona -- I was imagining that the final season of Monk was sprinting to the finish line, delivering some final hours that would be up there with the best ever for the series.
Then Adrian went camping. This might be one of the weakest Monks of all time. The funniest thing was the title, which was where the inspiration began and -- sadly -- ended. Nothing worked. Monk and children? No. Monk in the woods? No. Monk and the grizzly bear? Do you even have to wonder? More after the jump.
Sissy Spacek is set to star in Pictures of Hollis Woods, a Hallmark Hall of Fame TV movie based on the book by Patricia Reilly Giff. The movie tells the story of Hollis Woods (Jodelle Ferland), an artistic twelve year old girl who is adopted by an art teacher, Josie (Spacek), who cares for Hollis. Josie's trouble with remembering things gets worse and worse until Hollis is faced with the task of caring for her. Alfre Woodward plays the social worker assigned to the young girl, who is taken from foster home to foster home before ending up with Josie.
Ann Peacock (The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe) wrote the screenplay. Tony Bill (Untamed Heart, Flyboys) will direct. The movie has been greenlit, though no premiere date was mentioned.
Spacek was last seen on television, I believe, in the TV movie Last Call, about the final days of writer F. Scott Fitzgerald.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Once Upon a Time Pics: Wicked Witch vs. Robin, [Spoiler] Meets the Author
- NBC Picks The Wiz over Music Man as Next Live Musical, Sets December Airdate and Cirque du Soleil Twist
- First Look: Chicago Med Team Races Into Action — and Flirts With Fire?
- ABC Family Orders Shadowhunters, Based on The Mortal Instruments Series
- TVLine Items: Chilling Humans Teaser, Fosters Actor Battles YouTube & More
- More From TVLine
- Madonna & Taylor Swift Perform 'Ghosttown' at the iHeartRadio Awards: Here Are the 8 Best Moments!
- North West Had the Most Adorable Easter Already -- See Her Smile!
- Jenny McCarthy on 'The View': I Give It One More Year 'Then the Titanic Might Go Down'
- Star Sightings March 2015
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Gravity' Is So Much Scarier without Music in New Silent Edition
- More From ET