Actually, it's not really new. It's an anagram site, and those have been popular on the web for years. But let's put a TV twist on it. As Whitney over at Pop Candy points out, David Letterman = Dead, Terminal TV. I don't happen to agree, but that's kinda funny. For the record, Jay Leno = Enjoy LA!
Paris Hilton = In His Patrol
Jon and Kate = Ant and Joke (doesn't really make sense but somehow fits)
Keith Olbermann = I'm The Rank Noble
Katie Couric = Ciao! Irk Cute
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire = Oh Wow! I'm A Brain On Satellite!
What can you come up with? Bob Sassone = So Base Snob
Of course, one "Great American Singing Bee" was already on NBC many, many years ago, but this is different.
The Great American Singing Bee is a new game show from producers Phil Gurin and Bob Horowitz, who will each produce different versions for American and UK television audiences. Contestants will be given lyrics to songs and asked to sing the missing words. This is very similar to an old family game called SongBurst, which was based on pretty much the exact same idea.
Okay, so I was in the mood to create another fun TV game for y'all like I did with my "TV opposites" game, so here it is.
Below you will find altered lyric samples from TV themes that more or less mean the same thing as the original lyrics. For example, if I wrote:
One takes that which is affirmative, and also that which is negative
and puts these two opposing forces together
in conclusion, the result is the truth of all existence
This is a variation of a word game I sometimes play with my friends. Below I've listed a bunch of television shows, but instead of writing the actual name of the show, I've written the show's "opposite." I put "opposite" in quotations because obviously not all words have exact opposites, so I have to be clever sometimes and just come up with something that kind of fits. This makes it fun. Here are some examples:
The "opposite" of Taxi might be Bus.
The "opposite" of Everybody Hates Chris might be Nobody Loves Christie.
The "opposite" of General Hospital might be Specific Clinic.
The list is after the jump. See how many you can guess. You won't win anything, just bragging rights and a cameo appearance in my next sexual fantasy. Onward:
UPDATE: Congrats to everyone who has guessed correctly so far. There are still a few left, so crank up your brains, puzzle masters.
SECOND UPDATE: One more left.
THIRD UPDATE: They've all been guessed. Good job, everyone.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Quantico' Episode 5 Photos: The Trainees Go Undercover for the First Time
- 'Scandal' Episode 5.4 Photos: Fixing Olivia's Image Problem
- 'ANTM' Recap: A Model Is Welcomed Back, Then Sent Packing Again
- 'The Amazing Race' Recap: The Teams Become Gauchos in Argentina
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Episode 2.5 Photos: Who Can Asher Trust?
- More From BuddyTV
- X-Files @ NY Comic-Con: Chris Carter Reveals Why He Broke Up Mulder and Scully — 'They Had Difficulties'
- Ratings: Reign Returns Low But Steady
- Top TV Werewolves From Teen Wolf, True Blood, Vampire Diaries and More
- Shadowhunters @ NY Comic-Con: Premiere Date, 'Malec' Teases, Possible New Characters and More
- Last Kingdom Video: Rutger Hauer Stars in Downton EPs' New Series
- More From TVLine
- Shia LaBeouf Arrested in Texas for Public Intoxication
- Why Vin Diesel Is Serious About Stunts
- Calista Flockhart Can't Get Over the 'Supergirl' Buzz
- Gigi Hadid and Mom Yolanda Foster Adorably Hold Hands While in NYC With Joe Jonas, Bella Hadid and The Weeknd
- Watch Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson 'Hit the Quan' in Flawless Dance Video
- More From ET