Her fans were scared. Her career faltered. 'The View' hired her to stir up controversy, but she stirred too hard.
Two years later, after her two ugly departures from daytime TV, it seems Rosie has gained some kind of peace and is focused on entertaining audiences again. Is it going to last? Why should we care? Here are five reasons we think the Rosie we used to know may finally be back to stay.
Granted, this is a TV blog, but I've got to take a moment and thank the media gods for radio and printed matter. This kind of interview - two great artists from different fields meeting - doesn't happen as much as it should on television. In print, there's always BOMB Magazine. The entire premise behind the mag is to have two brilliant folks who may or may not have ever met get together for a sit-down interview.
Yes, kiddies, Oprah and her cabal have started a satellite radio station. But you might have to concentrate hard to actually hear the big O on the channel; according to this article, she will only be on one 30 minute show per week, dishing with her buddy Gayle King about celebrities and whatnot.
What you will hear are the people whose careers O has propped up through her TV show: King, trainer Bob Greene, financial expert Jean Chatsky (mmm... Jean Chatsky), psychologist Dr. Robin Smith, and Dr. Mehmet Oz. Oh, and Maya Angelou gets a show, too (let's hope little Jimmy Norton does a guest shot in an O/O&A crossover). So, it's just like the Oprah show you love, but longer and more self-important. Enjoy!
Oprah Winfrey has officially signed a three year deal with XM Satellite Radio worth $55 million big ones.
Using all that dough, the proposed new station called "Oprah & Friends" will air a non-stop live feed of her quest to buy a new island. Okay... not really. But it will feature talk programs about fitness, health, and self-improvement. We can also expect to hear from personalities featured in her "O" Magazine. Obviously, Oprah herself will be around for a weekly installment. So if her talk show isn't enough for you... now you can watch her, read her, and listen to her. Does she have a clothing line yet?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Ranking the 13 Most Shocking Tribal Councils from Season 30
- 'The Flash': The 10 Most Villainous Moments of Season 1
- More From BuddyTV
- Fuller House: Olsen Twins Not Returning as Michelle, EP Confirms
- The Good Wife: Matthew Goode Exits Ahead of Season 7
- American Crime Story: Cuba Gooding, Jr. as O.J. Simpson & More Cast Photos
- TVLine Items: Danny Trejo's Dusk Role Revealed, McHale Hosts ESPYS & More
- Humans First Look: AMC Drama Offers Eerie Take on Androids Among Us
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift's BFF Karlie Kloss Wants a 'Bad Blood' Movie
- Watch O.J. Simpson's Bronco Ride Again! Behind the Scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- Khloe Kardashian's Waist Training Is Working Out
- Amy Poehler and Bradley Cooper Get Back into Character for the ‘WHAS' Series
- The Ladies' Most Flawless Looks From Cannes Red Carpet
- More From ET