What he got instead was a loot at how incredibly intense and competitive Washington gets when in a competition. We'd hate to sit across from the table from him in Scrabble, and not just because he knew how many "Ts" were in Andy Pettitte's name.
Washington was pacing around the stage, and mashing his button even before Leno could finish his questions. At one point, he even assumed the wrong question, hitting his buzzer before Leno had even finished asking it.n for it!
While cooking with Rachel Maddow on 'Martha Stewart' (weekdays, syndicated), Stewart confirmed her previously tweeted statement about fixing Curtis Granderson's batting gloves at last night's game.
"Derek stopped to talk to me on his way to bat and so did A-Rod," Stewart said. "And one of the newest Yankees, Curtis Granderson -- he's really cute ... Curtis was struggling with his Velcro gloves, his batting gloves, and so he was standing right at the wall and I said 'Oh Curtis, I'll do that.' He let me fix his gloves, it was so cute!"
Watch the video after the jump.
- At 7, CBS has a new '60 Minutes,' followed by new episodes of 'The Amazing Race,' 'Undercover Boss,' and 'Cold Case.'
- NBC has a new 'Dateline' at 7, then new episodes of 'Minute To Win It' and 'Celebrity Apprentice.'
- At 7:30, FOX has a new 'Til Death.'
- At 8, ABC has a new, two-hour 'Extreme Makeover.'
- PBS has a new 'Nature' at 8, followed by a new 'Masterpiece Classic.'
- Discovery has two new episodes of 'Life' at 8.
- Food Network has new episodes of 'Challenge,' 'Ultimate Recipe Showdown,' and 'Iron Chef America.'
- Also at 8: ESPN2 has the Yankees/Red Sox season opener.
- At 9, A&E has a new 'Gene Simmons' Family Jewels,' then a new 'Kirstie Alley's Big Life.'
- At 9:30, FOX has a new 'Sons of Tucson.'
- At 10, AMC has a new 'Breaking Bad.'
- HBO has a new episode of 'The Pacific' at 9, followed by a new 'How To Make It In America.'
- History Channel has a new 'Ax Men' at 10.
- At midnight, Cartoon Network has a new 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force.'
- At 12:30AM, Cartoon Network has a new 'Tim and Eric's Awesome Show, Great Job.'
Check your local TV listings for more.
I have to admit that, when the Yankees are in the playoffs, most of my regular TV watching gets obliterated. Thankfully, DVRs and online TV sites (and, in the mid-'90s, VCRs) help me catch up. For instance, even though I have to review Cougar Town, I'll likely won't watch it until tomorrow morning, on either ABC.com or Hulu. Why? World Series game one, of course. Nothing, not even the Yankees being behind 22-0, is going to tear me away from FOX at 9:30, when I should be watching Cougar Town on ABC.
Which leads me to something that I've been wondering lately: Didn't networks used to program more reruns against the World Series? Tonight, NBC has a lineup of new episodes, as does ABC (except for Charlie Brown in Hank's slot, for understandable reasons). Tomorrow, all three of FOX's competitors have new episodes.
I think we can assume the guy got at least one beer from the concession stand.
1. The Fidelity-sponsored Fox Trak. The pitching tracker, which shows if a pitch actually hit the strike zone or not, has been around for years. But, the flight of the ball has been to this point represented by a red streak and a dot. Now that Fidelity Investments is sponsoring the tracker, the red streak/dot combo has been replaced by a green streak/green arrow combo that mimics Fidelity's "stay on the line" series of ads. What financial guidance has to do with balls and strikes, I'll never know.
Considering that Rep. Anthony Weiner, the man who wrote the letter to the Major League Baseball commissioner Bud Selig, is a Congressman from New York, I can see an ulterior motive in his suggestion of the move. Undoubtedly the Congressman didn't want to miss a second of his favorite team against their arch rivals (and I doubt he's a Red Sox fan).
A serious bullet has been dodged. This conflict could have led to potential civil war within many Jewish households on the East Coast. Thank you for your consideration Congressman, and thank you MLB.
Accusing Steinbrenner of lying is a bit like accusing the the Pope of being Catholic. Just ask Billy Martin, Dave Winfield, Reggie Jackson, etc., etc., etc. I'd be more surprised if he told the truth. Simply on the basis of who George Steinbrenner is and how he behaves, I'm pretty sure that Robert Gutkowski is justified in his claim.
Mind you, Steinbrenner is pushing 80. He's not quite the powerhouse he used to be. If you want to sue him, now's the time (as opposed to even 10 years ago). Perhaps they should get Larry David (who did the Steinbrenner impression back on Seinfeld) to fill in for him at the trial.
During that time, fans can fondly tell you chapter and and verse about how unconventional he was; he'd send out birthday wishes in the hopes that the Yanks would get a hit, he often talked about the great Italian meal he ate the night before with his wife Cora, and he'd joke around with his various broadcast partners, usually laughing and saying "you huckleberry!"
But when I really thought about it, that's not even close to being true. Despite the fact that it's summer, there's more than enough quality programming that I'm sure I'll get sucked into some weekly habits at some point. So, after the jump, here's what I plan on watching:
Here are the weekly cable ratings, by number of viewers.
1. NBA Playoffs - Cavaliers/Pistons (TNT)
2. The Sopranos (HBO)
3. NBA Playoffs - Cavaliers/Pistons (TNT)
4. NBA Playoffs - Cavaliers/Pistons (TNT)
5. The Starter Wife (USA)
6. Yankees/Red Sox (ESPN)
7. NBA Playoffs - Cavaliers/Pistons (TNT)
8. NBA Playoffs - Cavaliers/Pistons (TNT)
9. NBA Playoffs - Spurs/Jazz (ESPN)
10. WWE Monday Night RAW (USA)
Here are the weekly cable ratings, by number of viewers.
1. The Sopranos (HBO)
2. Yankees/Red Sox (ESPN)
3. WWE Monday Night RAW - 10pm (USA)
4. WWE Monday Night RAW - 9pm (USA)
5. Planet Earth (Discovery)
6. Suite Life of Zack & Cody (Disney)
7. Planet Earth (Discovery)
8. SpongeBob SquarePants (Nickelodeon)
9. Law and Order: SVU (USA)
10. SpongeBob SquarePants (Nickelodeon)
- At 7, ESPN has the Red Sox vs. the Yankees. As if it matters now.
- At 8, FOX has a new Nanny 911, followed by a new Celebrity Duets.
- ABC repeats the Men In Trees pilot at 8, then there's a new episode.
- NBC has a new Dateline at 8.
- UPN has a new Friday Night Smackdown at 8.
- Kill Bill, Volume 1 airs on TNT at 8.
- TLC has two new episodes of Take Home Chef at 8.
- Also at 8: HBO has Serenity.
- At 9, Sci-Fi has a new Stargate SG-1, followed by Stargate Atlantis.
- Funny Friends repeat at 10, the one where Eddie moves in with Chandler. It's on TBS.
- At 11, HBO has a new Real Time With Bill Maher, with Pat Buchanan, actor Michael McKean, national security expert Clark Kent Ervin, and Gloria Steinem.
Anyway, if you're a fan of Neil Simon, you probably loved that episode. If not, then it was still pretty damned good.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Season Finale Photos: What Happens Now?
- 'Almost Human' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Homeland' Season 3 Episode Photos
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' Jury Watch: Why 'Rustling' Feathers was Great for Everyone (Except Katie)
- [Video] 'Scandal' Sneak Peek: Olivia's Mom Spills on How She's Alive
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Girl Meets World' set photo shows hidden Mr. Feeny message
- Spice Girl Mel B eats Funyuns in 'The Eric Andre Show' first look clip
- TV ratings: 'Survivor,''Arrow' and 'Christmas in Rockefeller Center' rise Wednesday
- 'X Factor': Alex & Sierra on 'Say Something' and Destiny's Child
- ESPN cancels Will Ferrell's 'SportsCenter' appearance, Ron Burgundy reacts
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: Heather Morris Returns for Glee 100, Southland Vet Cops Beast-ly Gig and More!
- Breaking Bad, Orange is the New Black, House of Cards Lead 2014 WGA Nominations
- Scoop: Community Casts Chris Elliott as Greendale's Mysterious [Spoiler]
- Ratings: Survivor and Flash-y Arrow Hit Highs, All ABC Sitcoms Slip, X Factor Rises
- Once Upon a Time Casting Mystery: Lost's Rebecca Mader to Play Which Iconic Villainess?
- More From TVLine