TV Squad readers are a diverse bunch, coming from different backgrounds, cultures and tastes. There is one thing that unites us all, however: we loves to party. That's why I invite all of you to play this crazy game I just invented called "Geraldo/O'Reilly, Yosemite Sam, Tasmanian Devil or Screaming Baby?"
Here's how to play:
Have one person play each of the following video clips for two seconds, and then have a group of blindfolded players try to guess if they're listening to an argument between Geraldo Rivera and Bill O'Reilly, Yosemite Sam losing his temper, the Tasmanian Devil spazzing out, or a toddler throwing a temper tantrum.
Okay, we've looked at both Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck individually, and now it's time to focus on some of the best cartoons in which the two cartoon heavyweights shared the screen (much to Daffy's consternation, I'm sure). Bugs Bunny didn't necessarily meet his match with Daffy, but the two characters played off one another in a manner that seemed more substantive than Bugs' usual battles with the likes of Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam. While someone like Elmer would simple come at Bugs with guns blazing, Daffy would often try to match Bugs on an intellectual level, and usually wind up having his bill shot clean off his face. These are my favorite Bugs and Daffy cartoons:
Rabbit Seasoning (1952): An ever-malleable Elmer Fudd finds himself repeatedly shooting Daffy, despite Daffy trying to convince him it isn't duck season. Actually, it is duck season, but Bugs uses reverse psychology and clever pronoun usage to trick Daffy into somehow begging Elmer to shoot him. There's also an important lesson for all of us in this cartoon, which is that a crazy man with a gun can always be thwarted by a rabbit dressed as a woman.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Former Bunhead Emma Dumont Talks Coming of Age in NBC's Aquarius
- Ratings: Battle Creek Flat With Series Finale, NASCAR Dominates Night
- American Horror Story: Hotel's Latest Guest: New Girl's Max Greenfield
- Once's Merlin, Empire's Own Iggy, Arrow's Darhk Foe and 26 More Homes for Stars of Cancelled Shows
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed
- More From TVLine
- Debby Ryan On Sexism in the Industry: 'I've Had a Hard Road'
- ET's Summer Reading List! 'The Girl on the Train,' 'Selfish' and Other Great Books!
- Celebrity Authors Encourage Readers to Be Comfortable In Their Own Skin
- Author Paula Hawkins Takes a Dark Turn: Read an Excerpt From 'The Girl on the Train'
- Chelsea Handler Gets Naked
- More From ET