After five years lighting up the screen alongside his co-star Jared Padalecki, episode 604 -- titled 'Weekend at Bobby's' -- will see Ackles step behind the camera for his directorial debut. (Check out our special look behind the scenes of the episode here.)
Ackles' turn behind the camera got us thinking about some of our other favorite TV stars who have recently hopped into the director's chair, so we've compiled a list of six awesome actors (aside from Ackles) who have taken the helm on their own shows in the past few years -- take a peek at our picks after the jump.
(S03E15) The first major thought that occurred to me after watching tonight's episode was that if Fred Willard and Swoosie Kurtz got a spin-off series about their characters, the Turners, I would watch it. The conversation between them was hilarious. For all we know, this could very well have been a back door pilot for them. They're the 'Gary Seven' of 'Chuck.'
Obviously, agents are tempted to cross the line time to time (that's what happened with Shaw not too long ago). It's interesting how age leads to more self-justification in the matter. Doesn't the CIA or NSA have a decent pension plan?
Chuck (Zachary Levi) refuses to let Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) kill the animal. "I am not letting you shoot a tiger. They are endangered and majestic!" he says to her. So it falls to spy-in-training Morgan (Joshua Gomez) to take care of the beast.
It turns out he wasn't kidding.
To show their support for the NBC show, which is currently "on the bubble," fans will stage flash mobs in four cities this Monday, notes The Hollywood Reporter.
If you live in Chicago, Seattle, San Diego and Philadelphia, expect to see hordes of people dressed like Buy More employees, either in a green polo shirt and khakis or short-sleeved white dress shirt, tie and black pants.
Watch the video after the jump.
Lopez says Levi's cart "screams redneck," while Levi admits the comedian's cart is legendary. "It's famous, bro. Literally I drive around, they go have you seen George's golf cart?" Now we've all seen it, and Lopez says he can get Levi one, if he has cart envy. Which is your fave?
Don't get me wrong; 'Chuck Versus The Other Guy' was one of my favorite episodes this season. So many stories advanced and got tied together, it made for a very satisfying hour.
But that's because the stories were supposed to be wrapped up. For all Fedak and Schwartz knew, this was going to be the last episode they ever did. So, did things wrap up a little too neatly last night, leaving the last six episodes as some sort of long, energy-free epilogue? I'm not sure.
The episode was particularly enjoyable. There was comedy, drama, romance and a little bit of action (although more action happened off-screen, but there was enough emotional action to more than make up for it).
Oh, maybe a couple of shows switched places or maybe a show dropped from number five to number eight, but for the most part the list stayed the same. That all changed a couple of years ago when I had to add both 'Mad Men' and '30 Rock' to the list. I still haven't figured out which two shows in the top ten I'll have to take off.
I'll also have to add a third show to that list, and that would be NBC's 'Chuck' (tonight at 8 on NBC). I don't know if it wedges its way into the top ten, but it's definitely top twenty. Here's why.
According to incredibly affable 'Chuck' star Zachary Levi, they wrapped filming on season 3 two weeks ago. However, he is not a fan of spoilers and heard that there was allegedly a mole on the set of the show. "We didn't even get the last four or five pages of the last script. That's the first time that ever happened. It always boggles my mind that people would want to spoil that. It takes away from the whole experience of any show, especially a show that's so rooted in certain mythologies."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'iZombie' Series Premiere Photos: How to Live Like a Zombie
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 8 Guys Performance Rankings
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 20 Official Couples Photos
- 'American Crime' Review: ABC's New Gritty Drama Tackles Race and Social Class
- Best 'Suits' Quotes from Season 4 Finale
- More From BuddyTV
- Scandal: Dan Bucatinsky, Kate Burton Returning Later This Season
- Samantha Bee Exits The Daily Show to Headline Her Own TBS Series
- Glee Series Finale Photos: Klaine's Future, Rachel's Big Win and More
- Pilot News: Peter Gallagher Joins Fox's Collegiate Comedy Detour
- TVLine Items: FX Eyes Jenny Slate Show, Chev & Bev Adds Hellcat & More
- More From TVLine
- Kim Kardashian Debuts Platinum Blonde Hair
- Kim Zolciak's Waist Is Tinier Than Cinderella's Thanks to Waist Training
- Incredible Impressionist Performs 'Uptown Funk' Using 'Family Guy' Voices
- Rihanna Teases Another New Song on Instagram -- But Where are the Bangerz?
- 'Sex and the City' Creator Darren Star on Why the 'Up the Butt' Scene Changed the Game
- More From ET