May 4, 2015
by Bob Sassone, posted May 28th 2008 8:06AM
A roundup of TV people from in front of the camera and behind the scenes who have passed away.
- Earle Hagen: He was a legendary, Emmy-winning composer of music for TV shows, including the themes to The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Andy Griffith Show, I Spy, That Girl, Gomer Pyle, USMC, Make Room For Daddy, The Mod Squad, and Mike Hammer ("Harlem Nocturne"). He also worked on the music for many movies, including Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Monkey Business, Daddy Long Legs, Carousel, Let's Make Love, Compulsion, Don't Bother To Knock, and There's No Business Like Show Business. Hagen died at age 88 in Rancho Mirage, CA.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Episode 3.4 Photos: Sarah, Alison and Helena Run Into Trouble
- 'Backstrom': Ranking All the Episodes of Season 1
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Live Blog: America's Choice and the Trio Challenge
- 'The Voice'Live Blog: The Top 6 Perform
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Finale Photos: Goodbye, Mystic Falls
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville Finale Photos: Juliette's Last Straw, Deacon's Last Chance?
- You're the Worst Recruits Office Boss to Wrangle Jimmy in Season 2
- The Simpsons Renewed: Fox Orders Seasons 27 and 28
- The Flash's Candice Patton Talks Iris' Epiphany ('I Was So Relieved!'), Grodd, Barry vs. Eddie, Unexpected Finale
- TVLine Items: Tyrant Season 2 Trailer, David Fincher's HBO Series and More
- More From TVLine
- Diddy's Laughably NSFW Fragrance Ad Is Really Just Him and Cassie Having Sex
- 2015 Met Gala Arrivals
- Britney Spears Ditches Ankle Cast Just Days After Stage Fall
- Sofia Vergara Talks Nick Loeb Frozen Embryo Battle: 'Obviously, He Has a Problem With Me'
- 6 Met Gala Moments That You Just Need to Remember Again
- More From ET