'The Los Angeles Times' reports that Quinn died near his home in Malibu, California on Friday evening of a suspected heart attack.
Lt. James Royal of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Malibu/Lost Hills station told the 'Times' that Quinn collapsed on the street where he lived while walking home from a nearby store with one of his sons. He was pronounced dead at Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center.
Quinn made his big-screen acting debut in 1986 with the role of drug-dealing soldier Rhah in Oliver Stone's 'Platoon,' and went on to appear in more than a dozen movies.
He also carved out an impressive TV resume, starring in 'The Young and the Restless' and landing recurring roles in primetime dramas like '24' and 'JAG.'
Let's face it, Don Draper isn't around this summer, so if you need to see a handsome man in a sharp suit smoking, brooding and staring out a window, 'Zen' could be the show for you.
Sewell plays an ethical Italian detective trying his best to stay clean in a Roman police force almost hopelessly compromised by corruption. And by the way, his name, Aurelio Zen, has nothing to do with Buddhism -- it's the short version of a Venetian surname.
In today's crowded world of television, procedural crime dramas are a dime a dozen. Actually, make that a nickel a dozen, since there are so many of them. Each one is slightly different than the other, but they all have pretty much the same formula: a crime is committed (on or off screen), the police go in to investigate, clues are discovered, crack forensic and computer scientists discover even more clues, the wrong person is brought in for questioning, and the real culprit is finally brought to justice two minutes before the credits roll.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 10 Worst Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Arrow': 17 Truths, Secrets, Lies and Surprises from 'Corto Maltese'
- 'Bones': 7 Reasons Why Aubrey Kicks Ass and Fits Right In
- 'Project Runway' Finale Prediction: Who Will Win Season 13?
- 'Bachelor' Roundup: Andi and Josh Invite Exes to Wedding, Desiree and Chris Set the Date
- More From BuddyTV
- Fall TV's Best Makeovers: Trim Tony, Edgy Thea, a Modern Hook and Others
- Pilot Scoop: ABC Eyes Marc Cherry's Modern Phantom of the Opera Drama
- TVLine Items: Courtney Love Joins Empire, a Buffy Halloween and More
- Sons of Anarchy: Gemma Teller Is a Mass Murderer — and We Have Proof
- House of Lies Recruits Mary McCormack as Marty's Potential Savior
- More From TVLine
- How Nick Jonas Got His Insane 'Hulk-ish' Body: 4,200 Calories a Day!
- NFL Players Say 'No More' to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault in Powerful PSA
- Paul Reubens: Pee-wee Herman Movie is 'Imminent' – See What He Said in 1987!
- Jennifer Love Hewitt to Sissy Spacek: Hollywood's Top 5 Scream Queens
- Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- More From ET