'The Los Angeles Times' reports that Quinn died near his home in Malibu, California on Friday evening of a suspected heart attack.
Lt. James Royal of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Malibu/Lost Hills station told the 'Times' that Quinn collapsed on the street where he lived while walking home from a nearby store with one of his sons. He was pronounced dead at Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center.
Quinn made his big-screen acting debut in 1986 with the role of drug-dealing soldier Rhah in Oliver Stone's 'Platoon,' and went on to appear in more than a dozen movies.
He also carved out an impressive TV resume, starring in 'The Young and the Restless' and landing recurring roles in primetime dramas like '24' and 'JAG.'
Let's face it, Don Draper isn't around this summer, so if you need to see a handsome man in a sharp suit smoking, brooding and staring out a window, 'Zen' could be the show for you.
Sewell plays an ethical Italian detective trying his best to stay clean in a Roman police force almost hopelessly compromised by corruption. And by the way, his name, Aurelio Zen, has nothing to do with Buddhism -- it's the short version of a Venetian surname.
In today's crowded world of television, procedural crime dramas are a dime a dozen. Actually, make that a nickel a dozen, since there are so many of them. Each one is slightly different than the other, but they all have pretty much the same formula: a crime is committed (on or off screen), the police go in to investigate, clues are discovered, crack forensic and computer scientists discover even more clues, the wrong person is brought in for questioning, and the real culprit is finally brought to justice two minutes before the credits roll.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Graceland's Serinda Swan Weighs In on Paige Hate, Unsexiest Sex Scene Ever
- Anthony Geary to General Hospital Fans: JK About That Retirement!
- Mindy Project Season 4 Twist: Mindy to Wed Big Bang Theory's Raj?!
- The CW Eyeing Dark Little Women Adaptation From NCIS Star
- Degrassi's Top 17 Couples, Ranked: Eclare vs. Fimogen and More
- More From TVLine
- Lena Dunham Gets a Running Coach: I Used to 'Run Like a Wounded Baby Pterodactyl'
- Source: Ben Affleck's Former Nanny 'Tipped Off the Paparazzi' About Los Angeles Rendezvous
- Britney Spears Flashes a Huge Smile While Doing a Perfect Split in a Tiny Bikini
- Mick Jagger's Son James Looks Just Like Him!
- Salma Hayek: Racism in America Is the 'Big Elephant in the Room'
- More From ET